Yamaha 01V96 Learning curve- comments from those who use one...

Guest BobD

Sounds like the Samlex inverters are the way to go if I'm looking for a small one. My power supply is a Samlex SEC 1235M with their BBM switch for UPS switching to my 33ah AGM batt. It wouldn't hurt too badly to goto a 1000watt inverter... I'm just imagining that if I do end up getting pulled from A/C and I begin running on battery... all those devices wasting the DC to AC to DC conversion energy is going to hurt my cart battery run time. Am I wrong in assuming this?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the Samlex inverters are the way to go if I'm looking for a small one. My power supply is a Samlex SEC 1235M with their BBM switch for UPS switching to my 33ah AGM batt. It wouldn't hurt too badly to goto a 1000watt inverter... I'm just imagining that if I do end up getting pulled from A/C and I begin running on battery... all those devices wasting the DC to AC to DC conversion energy is going to hurt my cart battery run time. Am I wrong in assuming this?

I only run my video monitors and my mixing board through the inverter.  The rest of my gear is DC and is fed straight from the battery via a bus bar.

check here

http://wolfvid.com/datasheets/Specials.pdf

for some great deals on Statpower ProWatt converters, power supplies, chargers etc.  I would not recommend Samlex, Excell is great (Sine wave extremly clean!!), I ran a Yamaha on a 250W Statpower ProWatt  and a 100 W Excell  both are fine - the Excell is more expensive and not necessary.  wolf

look at

http://wolfvid.com/datasheets/Specials.pdf

and read

http://wolfvid.com/html/lit.html

Wolf,

I don't have any idea why you would comment that you would not recommend Samlex.

I have been using their 1215 battery charger on my cart for longer than I can remember and have been using their inverter for as long as I have owned my 01v96.  Neither has given me any trouble and have been worked hard in all kinds of nasty conditions.  There is nothing there not to recommend.  In fact, I can heartily recommend them.  As stated, my experience has been that the Samlex inverters outperform similarly spec'd Xantrax ones, while being much less expensive, and much lighter.  A clear contradiction to "you get what you pay for".

FWIW, my previous charger was a Guess.  When using the Guess, I used to have to replace the cart gel battery approx. once per year.  I have not had to change my cart battery even once since switching to the Samlex charger.

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody. :)

Apologies from bringing this topic on top again but I wanted to add myself here as a O1v96 fan too.

Nice read all the way, some helpful tips, thanks. I am using a O1v96 and a Fireface 800 soundcard, both great hardware, and use buses to get a signal to soundcard, which is ok as it sorts me out what I need anyway, but the problem I have with the ADAT and 2TR erors that signals me on LCD every time I turn on the mixer doesn't make me feel good. Any tips how to make the mixer recognize the card slot? cheers.