Insights on "invisible" earwigs (iem/ifb) -- Re-posting here on the Mainboard

Daniellow

• 4 weeks later...

Just took a look at the haltertech microsone video.  Is the idea that the talent wears an IFB receiver that feeds a bluetooth transmitter the talent also has to wear?  With a lav tx, that's 3 body packs on talent.  At that point an induction earwig might work just as well with only having to wear the IFB receiver.

These may sound better though. 

I'm still generally happy with my Phonak Invisity's, I kind of dread the day when one or two breaks and I'm forced to change systems since the invisity' aren't available or repairable.

11 minutes ago, Wandering Ear said:

Just took a look at the haltertech microsone video.  Is the idea that the talent wears an IFB receiver that feeds a bluetooth transmitter the talent also has to wear?  With a lav tx, that's 3 body packs on talent.  At that point an induction earwig might work just as well with only having to wear the IFB receiver.

These may sound better though. 

I'm still generally happy with my Phonak Invisity's, I kind of dread the day when one or two breaks and I'm forced to change systems since the invisity' aren't available or repairable.

The microsone pack is a transceiver as I understand it. It receives RF from a regular transmitter and transmits it out via Bluetooth. So talent should only have to wear that one pack and the earwig itself. That, plus their regular body mic transmitter that they would have anyway. The range is regular Bluetooth range so talent might not even have to wear the transceiver depending on the shot.

3 hours ago, BAB414 said:

The microsone pack is a transceiver as I understand it. It receives RF from a regular transmitter and transmits it out via Bluetooth. So talent should only have to wear that one pack and the earwig itself. That, plus their regular body mic transmitter that they would have anyway. The range is regular Bluetooth range so talent might not even have to wear the transceiver depending on the shot.

Ah.  That makes more sense.   I wonder if they have different companding modes for different transmitters.  All I see in the brochure is "Analog RF".

I'll be curious to hear how people like them.  Having another option on the market is great.

Thanks for the input.

i’ll follow up this reply by watching the promo video link. I and yeah, from my digging it seems like the phonetic Rodger system if anything is kind of the standard.

Could’ve looked into rental, but certainly didn’t want to drop that much money for a purchase… Yet.

9 hours ago, Daniellow said:

Thanks for the input.

i’ll follow up this reply by watching the promo video link. I and yeah, from my digging it seems like the phonetic Rodger system if anything is kind of the standard.

Could’ve looked into rental, but certainly didn’t want to drop that much money for a purchase… Yet.

I wouldn't say standard, just the only game in town since the Invisity's were discontinued... until now. If I have to choose, I always go for the analog ones first.