Tried to pick up an old thread--denied!

glinton

Hey Jeff,

I had some questions about working within the laws of the UK when traveling there with US wireless systems. I found an older thread (Wireless frequencies in London and Dublin) that approximated the issue and it seemed a good jumping off point (plus to let you know I did try at least to research the topic before posting about it), but when I posted a question, it showed up for a while on the list. Went back a few hours later to see if there'd been any response to it, and it was completely gone. No reference to it. Couldn't replicate the same search that led me to it. And plowing back through my computer's history, found the url but came up with a "no longer available" result.

Any thoughts? Did I screw up?

Thanks,

Greg

...but when I posted a question, it showed up for a while on the list. Went back a few hours later to see if there'd been any response to it, and it was completely gone. No reference to it. Couldn't replicate the same search that led me to it. And plowing back through my computer's history, found the url but came up with a "no longer available" result. Any thoughts? Did I screw up?

Thanks,

Greg

I doubt it was your fault ... the forum may have just hiccuped and it got lost. I know I do have things set so that really old topics which have not been read or replied to in a certain set time frame may be dropped (or archived to an area that is not easily accessed) but I don't think that is what happened to the post you mention. Sorry you have had some difficulty but I don't know what I can do about it.

-  Jeff Wexler

Thanks, Jeff.... I went ahead and started a new thread w/ the same questions and already have some answers & advice (is this a great forum or what?!)  It's the world of virtual existence and mysterious disappearances are, unfortunately, to be somewhat expected.

...since this is no longer an issue, and it's been picked up elsewhere, feel free to remove this post if you like. If you've had any experience taking equipment to, and using wireless mics in the UK, please see my new post under Tech Ref and share with me and the rest of the board!

Many Thanks!

Greg