Lectrosonics DSR Dual-Channel and DSR4 Quad-Channel Digital Slot Receivers

Johnny Karlsson

20 hours ago, Matt Sisco said:

I have installed firmware version 9.2 on my 888 with SL-2.  There are 8 selectable slot inputs seen by the 888.  However only the first two channels of each slot are passing audio when I run tone from all four channels of the DSR4. Additionaly, it does not automatically switch the DSR4 outputs from analog to AES.  I’ve submitted the bug to Sound Devices.  Anyone else experiencing this?  

Update on the SD v9.2 firmware issue I mentioned above.  
Apparently the SL-2 cannot use a digital receiver in one slot and an analog receiver in the second.  When I use just the DSR4 by itself all 4 channels output as AES3.  When an SRC is in the remaining slot the SL-2 forces the DSR4 back to analog outputs and you only get 2.  Was in communication with SD support on this today.  The firmware update was only intended for 2 DSR4s.   

Ooof…hate to be THAT guy…but this issue or function was already discussed earlier in this thread. Way before these units were even shipped.

The SL2 settings are global, all AES or all ANALOG.   

Whenever powering up the 8 series (w/ SL2) if the SRC is off and DSR4 is on it WILL default to AES. But if SRC is on (w/ DSR4 in SL2) it will default to ANALOG. 

RTFM? 

If you really want a DSR4 + an older analog SR, you could use a PSC Four Pack + Sound Devices 8 Series AES "barnacle".  You'll lose 8 series integration but you'll save $600+, gain a power distro (built into the four pack), and save yourself another $4500+ from buying a 2nd DSR4 if you don't really need it.  It's a bit work 'roundish but it is an option.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This just in from Gotham Sound:

“Lectrosonics let us know that the release of the 2 channel DSR has been delayed for upgrades to the RF performance as well as to more closely match the front panel of the recently released DSR4.  These improvements will most likely cause a 2 or 3 month delay.”

• 7 months later...

Aaton Hydra supported with the latest firmware.

FW 3.530.C12   - November 02, 2023

Cantar X3 3.530.C12 (02-11-2023)

New features:

- Hydra compatibility with the new Lectro DSR4 HF receiver (Four Channel Digital Slot Receiver).
After seated the DSR4 in his slot, a reset of the Tx location is needed once.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:57 AM, Dejan Ceko said:

Aaton Hydra supported with the latest firmware.

FW 3.530.C12   - November 02, 2023

Cantar X3 3.530.C12 (02-11-2023)

New features:

- Hydra compatibility with the new Lectro DSR4 HF receiver (Four Channel Digital Slot Receiver).
After seated the DSR4 in his slot, a reset of the Tx location is needed once.

This is great news, Dejan - thanks for posting!

• 3 months later...