Lectrosonics DSR Dual-Channel and DSR4 Quad-Channel Digital Slot Receivers

Johnny Karlsson

16 hours ago, codyman said:

Hey Karl.  How does the AES routing work on the unit?  Is it fixed with Channels 1/2 3/4 outputting on the TA3 connectors or can you choose what goes to where?  My 633 has just two channels of AES on one connector but I could see myself in a sit down interview situation using only two channels and putting the system into vector? Mode and wanting to put both separate, bonded channels onto that one AES connector.

You'll be able to choose routing options in the menu just like in the DCR822, but with 4 channels rather than 2.

9 hours ago, karlw said:

You'll be able to choose routing options in the menu just like in the DCR822, but with 4 channels rather than 2.

It would be great though, if it could be a bit more flexible than it is on the 822. 

Specifically, I‘m hoping that I will be able to route 4 channels via AES using only two physical outputs, with each carrying two channels of AES. That leaves two physical outputs unused and I would like to be able to route something to them. Like an analog out taken from receiver 1 or whatever. This would allow me to record an actual backup on another machine. 
you may recall that I asked for this for the 822 as well, but afaik it never happened. So it would be awesome if at least it were to happen on the DSR

18 hours ago, Constantin said:

It would be great though, if it could be a bit more flexible than it is on the 822. 

Specifically, I‘m hoping that I will be able to route 4 channels via AES using only two physical outputs, with each carrying two channels of AES. That leaves two physical outputs unused and I would like to be able to route something to them. Like an analog out taken from receiver 1 or whatever. This would allow me to record an actual backup on another machine. 
you may recall that I asked for this for the 822 as well, but afaik it never happened. So it would be awesome if at least it were to happen on the DSR

According to our engineering team, there are some tradeoffs when trying to solve this issue where both analog and digital outputs would be active simultaneously per receiver channel. I'll be chatting more with engineering next week to see what those tradeoffs are and how they might impact the product overall including delivery times. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, Constantin said:

Hi Constantin, as it turns out, the DSR4 output routing will be simple on one hand, but also (I think) meet your needs. There are two output sets: one for "jack 1" and one for "jack 2". You can choose either AES3 or Analog for each jack set. For instance, Jack set 1 can be set to "AES3" and on the two balanced pairs, you'll get all four receiver channels in two AES3 pairs. Then, on Jack 2, you can choose analog, and get receiver channels 3 and 4. If you'd rather have 1 and 2 analog for your redundant scenario, then set Jack 2 to AES3 (you'll get all four channels) and then choose analog for Jack 1 and you'll get receiver channels 1 & 2 in analog format. For the case where you want "receiver channels 1 and 3 analog while all four are digital out of the other jack" the workaround is to change which receiver channels are receiving which transmitters. I hope that makes sense!

18 minutes ago, karlw said:

I hope that makes sense!

yes, it does makes sense! And thanks for getting back to me about this, that’s exactly what I was looking for, so thanks for letting me know and for your engineers to implement it like this!