• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific! Thanks, Jim...  [rushing off to download it]

Wish it was an iPhone app, though...

--Marc W.

Hey Mark,

I forgot about another disc space calculator Widget. It will calculate recording time available by number of tracks, sampling rate and bit depth and allows you to set disc space aside for all the mounted drives on your Mac.  It's called audioSpacePro 1.3

post-1885-130815083644_thumb.png

• 6 months later...

I have been using my 552 for the past 12 days, got lots of radio mics and am finding some channel 'bleed' ie when I have a channel faded down, sometimes I can hear (very faintly) what is coming in to that particular channel. This is more noticable when a radio is out of range and I am getting hits/splats on it. Only solution seems to be powering down the offending radio.

Also, when feeding timecode into the mixer, i have noticed a very, very low level on the L meter when monitoring is set to record source. Nothing is audible in the headphones.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced these issues or has any thoughts.

In terms of SVEN,

I've only used the 552 for two days, but a quick go through the cheat sheet and I had the thing set up and didn't need to check again.

SVENs voice is annoying and fairly difficult to understand, but it's ultimately better than setting up a 302 or 442. Granted, the 552 has more settings requiring adjustment, but I can't see myself changing any of them too often. With a 302 or 442 you simply can't adjust settings without a cheat sheet or practice, which can be a real hassle.

SVEN is a step in the right direction, but I'm in no hurry to buy "SVEN reads the works of Joyce"

This has probably been mentioned before,

The SD 442 is pretty straight forward. It has multiple main outs and direct outs. You do not have to make any changes with the "cheat sheet" very often.

The only change that I can think of that you would need to change is the outout level for feeding to camera.

Or perhaps setting the battery level for the type of power that you are using or something else that I cant remember right now , but you dont ever have to go into the menu on a daily basis.

Im pretty sure the 552 is the same but it gives you more options that you have to confirm with SVEN.

Correct me if Im wrong/sorry for jackin the thread

Im pretty sure the 552 is the same but it gives you more options that you have to confirm with SVEN.

There is nothing in the 552 menu structure that requires you to use SVEN.  If you don't like him, take the headphones off and use the cheat sheet or the manual to make your menu selections.

There are a few things that you need SVEN to do that I can think of off-hand: Setting the RTC, Record time remaining and file/folder navigation.

Rob,

I have heard some bleed but only in extreme situations.  Like when one of my RF channels breaks through the squelch with a wall of noise.  Even then you need to be really listening for it.  In the field you may not notice it.

That's been my experience.

best,

-derek