What MKH 8060 wind screen are you using?

DanieldH

I can't make up my mind.

I have a CU0335 MZF and alternatively a Rycote connector from the Nano Shield with the 80Hz low cut PCB is lying around.

Pianissimo (pricey, best wind performance(?), heaviest(?), kelly raincover)

Some flavour of Cosi (only for light/medium light winds, smallest solution, lowest compatibility for other uses)

Nano Shield CB (most flexible, wind performance somewhere between the cinela solutions(?), weight(?))

Looking forward to your opinions

switched from Pianissimo to Nano Shield CB about 5 months ago, feel the Nano Shield is lighter than Pianissimo, handling noise about the same (using vdb boom pole), and it's much better switch between indoor/outdoor with the nano shield as you can take off the basket (not possible with pianissimo). Now I use pianissimo only for ms boom, and nano shield for mono boom. 
The construction and material from nano shield and pianissimo is very similar, from my experience there's not much difference with wind protection. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 7:51 PM, Tong0615 said:

switched from Pianissimo to Nano Shield CB about 5 months ago, feel the Nano Shield is lighter than Pianissimo, handling noise about the same (using vdb boom pole), and it's much better switch between indoor/outdoor with the nano shield as you can take off the basket (not possible with pianissimo). Now I use pianissimo only for ms boom, and nano shield for mono boom. 
The construction and material from nano shield and pianissimo is very similar, from my experience there's not much difference with wind protection. 

Didn't you experience the resonance that people had using smaller mics with nano? I'm searching for a good blimp upgrade for my 8060s. Can't decide between super-shield, nano and cinela..... price is a factor, but if it's worth it i could spend some more

Cosi with the built in xlr for the 8060 for doc work, run and gun. Very compact, all rounder.

2nd 8060 in a pianissimo, narrative or controlled corporate outdoors.

Have done Rycote, multiple generations ; will be sticking with Cinela for sure.