Jump to content

Moving to the US and joining the Union

Recommended Posts

Hey everybody!

I am currently planning to move to Los Angeles in the coming years with my American wife (currently living in Europe). I've worked as a boom-operator for eight years and would love to continue working in the US. I read that I need 100 days of non-union work before I can join the Local 695. Does anyone have any experience with coming from abroad and joining the Union? Any chance to count my years of experience from abroad?


Any and all advice is appreciated!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd doubt your work abroad would count as the union is going to want to have proof of productions and the easiest way to do that is to produce paystubs from W2's and 1099's of work that is eligible (internet shorts etc don't count - have to be stuff in theaters / television / streamers).

More information here: https://www.local695.com/why-how-to-join-iatse/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...