Zaxcom ZMT4-X going Microdot over Lemo

solowiej

I just saw the ZMT4-X announcement with dual microdot connectors. Think this is to make room for dual connectors, or is anyone expecting Zax to go with microdot on other transmitters going forward?

I believe I would prefer a microdot to those lovely but difficult to solder 00 Lemos. Can my ZMT4 TXs be retrofitted?

Sean

51 minutes ago, solowiej said:

Thanks for that info Pete.

Since microdots are working for ZMT-X and ZMT-Flex, can they not also be incorporated into future ZMT(5) models?

Again... not likely, because the ZMT-4 (and probably future models of that pack) offer phantom power... it would be a huge step backwards to drop that feature 

1 hour ago, Shastapete said:

Again... not likely, because the ZMT-4 (and probably future models of that pack) offer phantom power... it would be a huge step backwards to drop that feature 

For my humble understanding, it is unlikely, to make a product, that implements a 3pin Lemo including optional phantom power and a microdot for 2 input bias power applications?