C300 MKIII Timecode help

Heya!

I guess most of you are familiar with mki and mkii of this camera. Its straight forward to slap on a TC box, set TC to in, preset, free run and its all thats needed to run smoothly.

I could not get it to work on the mark iii today. Has anyone got a similair experience or got any 'gotchas' they could share?

Only thing I can think of in hindsight was if the cable was broken or if there was a monitor setting that I didn't catch, but I had the impression that it didn't catch the TC at all.

What codyman stated would be my guess. Check your frame rates @ camera and mixer/recorder.  Cables would be next to check in the chain of sync . I’ve had cables go bad during  the afternoon, even though they worked fine in the morning and on several jobs before the job they crapped out on. 

Thank you for all the input people, honestly! I remember with Panasonic that I often had to make sure the camera was not set to variable framerate, never experienced it with the canons before, but something like that is a very realistic possibility that it could be related to.

Will read up on the manual about high speed/variable framerate/project framerate.

Probably not the situation here, but all the C300 Mk II's that I tried with my pair of Zaxcom RX 200's did not lock 100% with the super cool Timecode out

BNC of these great sounding hops.  They EXT lock icon bounced back and forth. Regardless of output level settings.  Sony and Arri cameras never have

a problem.