Handheld Mic belt holster

acdave

Does anyone in our general population work on or know anyone who works on live car racing shows, specifically NBC Sports or Fox Sports here in the US?

More specifically, NASCAR or IndyCar?

I'm working on a future corporate video, which will take place at a car race track.

The presenter/talent wants to use a belt holster for a stick mic, like what's shown in the attachments. 

They kind of look homemade, a bit of PVC pipe attached to a belt clip... and I haven't been able to source a commercially made one.

Anyone out there ever been around these things and know if they are available to purchase?

Thanks!

Dave Wendlinger

San Francisco

Mic belt holster.png

JAMIE HOWE BELT MIC HOLSTER.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 2.38.27 PM.png

9 minutes ago, acdave said:

They kind of look homemade, a bit of PVC pipe attached to a belt clip...

Looks like this could be DIY made in two seconds, with a short section of PVC pipe cut off, plus a cable tie. 

(especially the second picture, that's what it looks like has been done. Together with some black tape wrapped around the white PVC pipe, so that it blends in better with the rest of the costume rather than standing out like a sore thumb)

Yep, it DOES look like a DIY solution to me, as well.

The KTEK product is out of stock, at the moment.

I guess I'll head to my local home improvement store and find some scrap bit of PVC pipe.

Thanks!

Dave

Yep, it should be fine for the usual size of Lectro plug on.  I'll double check when I get home tonight.   Also for the holster to hold the mic, you would need to have the mic flags solidly in place, as shown in the pictures above.  (A stick mic without the flag would fall through)

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

• 4 weeks later...