Lectrosonics T4

Fred Salles

T4:

* DC Power only

* Full Size XLR Connector that accepts mic/line and a bunch of other types of signal levels

* Pretty large screen that shows levels / frequency etc

SM:

* Can be used as a lav too

* Multiple power transmission levels

* Can be used with AA batteries (or you can get a battery defeat)

* You will have to get a mic or line level cable that goes the 5 pin connector for getting audio to the transmitter

UM400a:

* I believe only the "A" version (not the usual UM400) can do the IFB mode where you do some sort of sequence of switches to get it into the mode

* 9 volt powered (meh) although I believe there is a battery defeat

* Cheap

Three options so choose your poison.  Each has pro's and con's as you can imagine.  You could get a newer SM that does multiple blocks and then get a matching multi block IFB from Lectro to open up more frequency channels that would be available which is nice, especially if you are traveling.

So you confirm my feeling that the real specific only advantage of the T4 is its compatibility with other intercom protocols.

I think some more recent um400 non “a” have the IFB compatibility as I recall using some with the r1a. Not 100% sure.

But yes I am looking  for second hand UM400a US version (at least 100mW tx capability) for when I work in various countries where i can use it. As you know in France we can only buy the 50mW version...

54 minutes ago, codyman said:

then get a matching multi block IFB from Lectro to open up more frequency channels that would be available which is nice, especially if you are traveling.

The IFBlue does not have multi block capability does it? They are the ones I wanna get. Actually I am not sure there is any ifb receiver with multi bloc capability. Is it? 

6 hours ago, codyman said:

only the "A" version (not the usual UM400) can do the IFB mode where you do some sort of sequence of switches to get it into the mode

I have used a couple different non-a UM400 in IFB mode. One of them looks like an “older” version.

The T1 / T4 are better on the cart imo. 

33 minutes ago, Johnny Karlsson said:

I have used a couple different non-a UM400 in IFB mode. One of them looks like an “older” version.

The T1 / T4 are better on the cart imo. 

They are best suited for carts but I've kept one on the bottom of my k-tek bag under my 633 for years for IFB + wireless scratch.  Not the lightest things in the world but built to last by usual "fanatic" Lectro standards!

15 hours ago, codyman said:

They are best suited for carts but I've kept one on the bottom of my k-tek bag under my 633 for years for IFB + wireless scratch.  Not the lightest things in the world but built to last by usual "fanatic" Lectro standards!

Totally - what I meant to say was that on the cart, I prefer to use the T1 / T4, because it gives me easy access to the front panels at the front of the cart.