Labeling your equipment ?

Kevin Sorensen

RVD, I just want a small label on my comtek rx's mostly. As I am experiencing some confusion with my rx's

that get lost or miss placed with the main mixers rx's on shows that I am doing 2nd unit work on (dayplaying ).

Not finding much info here.

I want the kind I have seen on LSC, Coffey, Audio dept. Wilcox, rental stuff.

They are much smaller than 1" x 2".

PlaqueMaker, a mail & internet plaque and sign company in the Mid-west, will make up custom ID labels at a reasonable cost. They'll work any size that you want. I don't know what the minimum size would be but I think you could probably get something that would fit a Comtek.

The ink-infused on metal badge works well on equipment. I haven't had any lettering rub off although I haven't used the labels in places subject to high wear.

The cost for a single badge is a bit high but that drops considerably if you buy several. And, I think that they will accept different copy for quantity discount as long as the badge size is constant. That is, four badges, 1-inch by 2-inches that say ON could be bundled with four badges that say OFF for an order of eight badges in that size. I think. Confirm with them.

The link: http://plaquemaker.com/

David Waelder

The picture

post-14-130815083423_thumb.jpg

RVD, I just want a small label on my comtek rx's mostly. As I am experiencing some confusion with my rx's

that get lost or miss placed with the main mixers rx's on shows that I am doing 2nd unit work on (dayplaying ).

Not finding much info here.

I want the kind I have seen on LSC, Coffey, Audio dept. Wilcox, rental stuff.

They are much smaller than 1" x 2".

I don't know what LSC, Coffey, etc. uses, but the P-Touch is available in 1/4" tape. That's what I use for my Lectro and Comtek Rx's.

post-164-130815083428_thumb.jpg

post-164-130815083432_thumb.jpg

The Brother P-Touch labels are available with different adhesives.  I've had good success with the ones designed specifically for this application, which is the S series which has "Extra Strength" adhesive for harsh environments, textured surfaces, etc.

They also make the FX series which is Flexible ID tape for wrapping and flagging cables, pipes, etc.

John B.