Cosi vs super shield

bary555

Hi

I know it was in other topics, but i still have a hard choice between cosi vs super shield for my 8060. Piano would be perfect, but i need 2 and it's out of budget right now. Super shield is the chepest Option but i Wonder which of those two would give me better wind protection. 

Any advice? 

Cosi and Super Shield are meant for different situations. I consider the Cosi mostly an indoor shield which is suitable for light to medium wind outdoors. Anything stronger requires a full shield and if it comes down to those two, ypu should go with the super shield or try to save up for the piano. 

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

Cosi and Super Shield are meant for different situations. I consider the Cosi mostly an indoor shield which is suitable for light to medium wind outdoors. Anything stronger requires a full shield and if it comes down to those two, ypu should go with the super shield or try to save up for the piano. 

Thx! I thought so. So it will be the full blimp.for indoors i use a bubblebee spacer kit

What are your considerations for a Supershield?

IMHO it only shines in point of strudyness, protecting the mic from heavier impacts but with its fixed basket design it creates resonances/rumbling noise as any fixed basket.

The Pianissimo could also be an option vs the Piano.

I am waiting for my Cosi to ship and a resonance killing upgrade from Rycote for my Nano.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 4:33 AM, John Dombroski said:

Found this comparison video by Gotham Sound which might be informative

It‘s semi informative at best. None of the solutions discussed here existed back when the video was made, but more importantly wind doesn’t usually blow on the tip of the shield only, it can come from any direction. And perhaps even most importantly: how does the sound change with each wind protection? The video didn’t demonstrate that at all