Jump to content

Looking for Feedback on Myna Universal Fit IEM's


dgirtsman
 Share

Recommended Posts

I tried them at Trew Audio Nashville about a month ago. Glen was telling another mixer and I about how they mimic the Sony MDR-7506 which is not my daily driver anymore, changed over the the HD-25s. We did a side by side comparison of the Mynas and a set of 7506's that were both fed through a stereo split and to my ears I liked the Mynas better. Not a real world test, but I did like the quality and the natural isolation provided. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MikeCorl said:

I tried them at Trew Audio Nashville about a month ago. Glen was telling another mixer and I about how they mimic the Sony MDR-7506 which is not my daily driver anymore, changed over the the HD-25s. We did a side by side comparison of the Mynas and a set of 7506's that were both fed through a stereo split and to my ears I liked the Mynas better. Not a real world test, but I did like the quality and the natural isolation provided. 

When these things first launched, Glen said an HD-25 version was in the works (my cans as well) so hopefully that'll show up and it matches as good as these things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Shastapete said:

When these things first launched, Glen said an HD-25 version was in the works (my cans as well) so hopefully that'll show up and it matches as good as these things

He told me that too, I just wasn't sure how wide spread it was. He said it was the next thing they had planned for expanding the line up. When those come out I will definitely be looking into getting a pair of the custom molded version. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MikeCorl said:

He told me that too, I just wasn't sure how wide spread it was. He said it was the next thing they had planned for expanding the line up. When those come out I will definitely be looking into getting a pair of the custom molded version. 

Same – I personally hate the sound of the 7506s because of how bright they are. I also hate the sound of genelecs... but I have a pair on my desk because I know them inside and out, so I totally understand why Glen went with the sony's first because so many people use them and know them, despite their flaws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...