Looking for Feedback on Myna Universal Fit IEM's

dgirtsman

I tried them at Trew Audio Nashville about a month ago. Glen was telling another mixer and I about how they mimic the Sony MDR-7506 which is not my daily driver anymore, changed over the the HD-25s. We did a side by side comparison of the Mynas and a set of 7506's that were both fed through a stereo split and to my ears I liked the Mynas better. Not a real world test, but I did like the quality and the natural isolation provided. 

6 hours ago, MikeCorl said:

I tried them at Trew Audio Nashville about a month ago. Glen was telling another mixer and I about how they mimic the Sony MDR-7506 which is not my daily driver anymore, changed over the the HD-25s. We did a side by side comparison of the Mynas and a set of 7506's that were both fed through a stereo split and to my ears I liked the Mynas better. Not a real world test, but I did like the quality and the natural isolation provided. 

When these things first launched, Glen said an HD-25 version was in the works (my cans as well) so hopefully that'll show up and it matches as good as these things

20 hours ago, Shastapete said:

When these things first launched, Glen said an HD-25 version was in the works (my cans as well) so hopefully that'll show up and it matches as good as these things

He told me that too, I just wasn't sure how wide spread it was. He said it was the next thing they had planned for expanding the line up. When those come out I will definitely be looking into getting a pair of the custom molded version. 

15 hours ago, MikeCorl said:

He told me that too, I just wasn't sure how wide spread it was. He said it was the next thing they had planned for expanding the line up. When those come out I will definitely be looking into getting a pair of the custom molded version. 

Same – I personally hate the sound of the 7506s because of how bright they are. I also hate the sound of genelecs... but I have a pair on my desk because I know them inside and out, so I totally understand why Glen went with the sony's first because so many people use them and know them, despite their flaws.