Wanted: Small diaphragm capsule swivel (low/mid price)

Mungo

Hi,

I was asked to plan an audio recording opportunity for a simple one person video recording booth (yes, for social media). A good audio solution seems to me a small diaphragm from a below suspension with a swivel like that one:

https://schoeps.de/en/products/accessories/accessories-colette/gvc.html

But Schoeps is way too expensive / *too good* for this project. Only alternative I found was from Oktava, but I don't really know that brand ...

Do you know anything else? I thought of AKG, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, Rode in the price range up to 500€.

Or is there any XLR swivel on the market I could combine with a very short small diaphragm?

Thx in advance! 

Also probably too expensive / too good, but maybe a little less so (of the former), the Sennheiser MKH 80XX series have an in-line swivel adapter. I'm afraid I don't know of any others and Oktava might be your best bet ... I'd look also for MBHO and SE Electronics though as they have done several SDCs so who knows?

Jez

3 hours ago, The Immoral Mr Teas said:

Also probably too expensive / too good, but maybe a little less so (of the former), the Sennheiser MKH 80XX series have an in-line swivel adapter. I'm afraid I don't know of any others and Oktava might be your best bet ... I'd look also for MBHO and SE Electronics though as they have done several SDCs so who knows?

Jez

Thank you, Jez. I'll have a look. Indeed I had the 8000 series in mind too, but that's nearly the same level as Schoeps, Neumann ...

1 hour ago, Philip Perkins said:

Can't you rent a GVC for your shoot?

Of course I would like to use an MK4!

But it's a more or less permanent installation that will be operated by some non professional. My job is to recommend a mike, let them purchase it and install it in cooperation with construction department.

Camera and light guys also just make a concept, install and make it work stand-alone.

I've got this setup from MBHO that I was planning to sell if you're interested. It sounds great but I ended up with a second MKH50 so it doesn't get used anymore. Condition is excellent. I'm based in Canada. 

Here's what I've got: 

MBHO MBP 604 N
 MBHO KA 500 HN Hyper Card Capsule.
 MBHO KA 200 N Cardiod 
MBHO ARTICULATING KNEE 

20220624_160645.jpg

3 hours ago, Throwback said:

AKG A91 swivel joints can be had used: combine with any of their Blueline mics.

Sadly it is discontinued. 

Same issue with AKG's swivel joint for their capsules for the AKG C480B. (the AKG A61)

As I've got one of them, and would quite like a second so I can use two AKC CK63 at once for 

Thank you all!

Unfortunately only new equipment will be bought. I'm going to check for MBHO, that seems an appropriate solution.

Obviously they offer a version with low power P48 consumption and a capsule w/ high output optimized for speech. That meets demands quite well.

That NT6 is quite interesting too. Since it's like the NT5 there won't be downsides.

Researching mikes which are beside our daily work is quite interesting btw.

I came across the Blue Hummingbird. Does anyone know that?

42 minutes ago, Mungo said:

That NT6 is quite interesting too. Since it's like the NT5 there won't be downsides.

I'd never heard of the Rode NT6, even though it has been out for over a decade and a half. Seems like an interesting option. 
They've got both a cardioid and a omni capsule for it, a pity they don't have a hypercardioid capsule as well for the Rode NT6.