Hi-Q/AudioRoot Battery Terminal Cover - Any use, or am I just wasting filament?

soundmanjohn

Mostly as an exercise, and to please overzealous TSA people who sometimes insist on terminals being taped, I designed and 3D printed safety covers for my Remote Audio Hi-Q batteries for a recent trip. The cup has small bumps inside that keep it in place on the battery. Picture attached with one cover at each end, just for show.

Comments?

John

Smart  Battery Cover.jpeg

1 hour ago, Barry M said:

Very nice. Inspired Energy has their dust covers, not sure what they run. Might be at the usual suspects?

https://www.inspired-energy.com/products/details/3/133-936186

Oh yes, great minds obviously think alike... Should have done more research! And, yes, Alan, you're almost certainly right. The printer is waiting for me to do a whole bunch of modifications at the moment, including direct filament drive and auto-levelling,  but space is at a premium here. I shall progress.

And just for fun, here's another little 3D-printed project (excluding the base.)

1682592824_MarconiAXBT.jpg

7 hours ago, Barry M said:

Very nice. Inspired Energy has their dust covers, not sure what they run. Might be at the usual suspects?

https://www.inspired-energy.com/products/details/3/133-936186

They run at about $5 here in the UK, with tax and shipping. I can knock these out for about $1.00, so not too bad. Plus mine have fancy writing on the side and are a lovely subtle yellow colour. 

12 hours ago, Michael Render said:

Do you provide those STL files anywhere? Or sell them?

Do you want the battery cover? That's free. I'll post a link shortly. If you want the Marconi AXBT files, that's a different matter, and a great deal more work...

All the best,

John

12 hours ago, Michael Render said:

Do you provide those STL files anywhere? Or sell them?

Here you go.

Enjoy

John

499750239_SmartBatteryCover.stl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...