Lyre creak

TVPostSound

I bought a 

https://mymic.rycote.com/products/shock-mounts-suspension/invision-broadcast-film/invision-softie-lyre-mount-with-pistol-grip/

When the mic moves, or should I say when the mic moves with the lyre, up and down, I hear a creak, its worse with my AT BP4029 stereo mic.

Ive traced the noise to the point the mount is fitted into the Lyres, front and rear, the triangular looking interference fit.

Anyone else have this issue? Ive written Rycote twice in as many weeks, with no response.

I thought Rycote would be better than Rode, but I went back to my Rode pistol grip with a rubber donut. No creaks and way less handling noise

with MS mics.

Dangit i am sad to hear you are having trouble with a response - i had issues once and posted here about mine breaking and someone dm’ed me and sent replacement lyres free of charge. I will try to track down their contact info. 

looking at that particular suspension i wonder if you might benefit better from 2x independent lyres of heavy duty variety vs that particular joined together suspension?

Since it creaked, I figured the mount was an interference fit into the 2 lyres.

I popped it off, it was an interference fit with a raised boss to keep from sliding off.

Thinking the noise was from release agent on the plastic, I cleaned the surfaces, and sprayed with dry teflon.

Reassembled, fixed for now!!

See the dark triangular area on the mount within the light colored lyre

ry040121.jpg