Lectrosonics Venue software on a Parallels Macbook

I just got a (used) Macbook 2G Intel Core Duo and I'm trying to get LecNet2 to work properly.

The Windows / Parallels combo works great (makes me wonder why anyone would buy a PeeCee, but I digress). When I download and install the LecNet2 software, it runs, but won't see the Venue. Parallels sees the "VR" in the USB selection, but not the LecNet software. I've re-installed everything. I'm usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out eventually, but this one has me stumped.

I've installed version 4 and then version 5 Parellels

I've installed both Windowz XP and then Windowz 7

Latest version of LecNet2 from the Lectro D/L site.

Parallels sees the Venue.

Ideas?

I have it running successfully on my intel Mac-Mini with Parallels also.

In Lecnet, you need to have it "see" the USB connection. You also need the correct USB driver. The Venue manual explains all that.

If you've done that, then you will need to open up the "Configuration" menu and "Add via USB" selection. That window should show you the Venue and it's s/n - once you select it - then the "Receiver" window should open up. I've also found that you might have to turn the Venue off then on -- so that it will "see" the USB connection. If you have two Venues you will have to go through the "Configuration" menu twice.

I believe you can then save this setup and recall it in the future.

Good luck,

RL

OK...

Thanks for the insight Richard. My "mistake" was D/Ling the software off Lectro's website and thinking that's all I needed. As you pointed out, the disk that came with the Venue contains the drivers, the D/L doesn't (note to Lectro).

I was able to follow the Lectro directions for the XP driver install and it worked just fine, couldn't get W7 to work tho. No worries, cause all I use Windowz for is the Venue.

USB connections are so flakey under Parallels, I just gave up trying to do it on a Mac and just bought a little $250 Asus netbook just to run LecNet. Works great. (In fact, I run that and Courtney's BWF-Widget, and that's all.)

The Asus' battery will run in sleep mode for a solid 12 hours, so if I fire it up for five minutes just to check the Venue, it's not a big deal. I haven't yet made a 12VDC connector for the Asus to my cart, but that's on the to-do list.

--Marc W.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a word on the competition...  I have been using VMWare Fusion on my MBPro to run Windows XP Pro for the Hearts game and the Venue display (in that order!), and find the software to be very reliable and easy to use. Loaded the LecNet software and drivers from the disk, and it works very well, all the time.  One of the nicest aspects of the program is the easy interface for choosing what I/O devices are on which side of the machine (Mac side/Windows side), and the ease of switching I/O back and forth.  VMWare updates when necessary, decent support.