thing you do when you are bored and fedup

fatfatjames

LINE ONE

Well, I have a new bike. too bad, my old one which i thought was all fine started off with one problem after another... SO i HAD to get a new one.

My current line of thought is to get the BEST paint protection, wax etc for my new bike. I cant get Meguiars or Mothers or Collinite in India. I just called Meguiars, and they promised to let me know if i could buy their stuff in India.

LINE TWO

I am teaching at a film school here. I held three 3-hour sessions for students of production management (will become production managers, producers etc). I also gave 8 x 3 hour lectures about sound to students of a filmmakers course (they're out here to get a grasp of what it takes to make a film). Coming week, these students will execute the shooting of a screenplay (ten min or so - focus is location sound - therefore diverse locations ; reduced emphasis on looks, production value, etc).

LINE THREE

I am working on a screenplay that I intend to direct. I am also writing about sound - theory and practices that I intend to use in my teaching work.

LINE FOUR

I am trying to learn more about music - specifically jazz. I have in waiting two new CD's that i purchased of Joe Pass live performances. The BIG and ONLY problem is that my NAD amp has conked out, and I only have the iMac speakers as of now. I want to get a pair of active speakers (maybe QUAD) but that will have to wait for need of liquidity.

LINE FIVE

I am working out an hour every day at a professional gym with trainers. They are very happy with my attitude and progress. As for the rest of the day - I read, I cook (yes, and i am very good at it) and I DONT watch TV, and I see a film almost very day - mostly old cinema - Italian, French, Russian etc. I enjoy the Coen Brothers films - and am eagerly waiting to see the new one, as well as ANYTHING Mr. Eastwood does. (WHAT a MAN!)

I am still waiting for a gig. Regardless of what else I do - the thought of a gig DOES come to my mind - time and again. Money is not it, it is the WORK. I YEARN to be on a pro gig. I hate these bigwigs who create such economic downfall that affects all of us - FUCK these bankers, share marketeers, basically FUCK people with the millions that they have already and are screwing everyone else in the course of their greed, creating economic breakdowns. FUCK the administration of countries - governments that have greedy bastards all over, who instead of SCREWING the greedy motherfuckers who have siphoned off money from corporations will instead make reparation funds available to these companies and in turn make the common man bleed. FUCK producers who think they can get their job done by guys charging 30-40% of the regular rates and turn a blind eye to the quality of work. FUCK sound guys who are working now for these rates, feeling so insecure that they screw up the market and end up sucking up to the producers in the hope of getting more work from them in the future.

I am hoping I get a gig soon so i have the money to make it to NAB10. I feel the need to meet my friends out there, desperately. 2006 is a long way back. I yearn to meet my dear friends out there...

-vin

• 2 weeks later...