RF Explorer noob safety

Hugh Phelan

Hello, 

As a freelancer to location sound I use wireless tech with the BSRF antenna distro with Lectro gear. I picked up an RF Explorer in order to understand radio tech better as evidently I have a lot to learn. I have heard that I need to be careful when using this tech as not to overload the front end.
My question is this: is it safe to connect my BSRF distro to the SMA on the RF Explorer in order to do a scan on the antennas I use? Maybe directly connecting a sharkfin? Let's take my BSRF for example..

Listed on the below link I can see on the specs for the BSRF, the output specs state 50ohms. Do I also need to check that the current of 150mA factors in? This is my problem, I don't know where to start in terms of interpreting the specs. I've read the manual info on this, but I got lost with the metrics. Any help is greatly appreciated. 
 https://www.audiosense.be/en/bsrf-as-62-bsrf-as62

I'm a little embarrassed to ask because this telegraphs how little I know, but I want to be safe as I begin to learn without destroying any equipment along the way. Thanks in advance for your answers. 

I’ve done essentially the same with an older Lectrosonics multicoupler (that housed old non scanning receivers) and it worked just fine. Overloading the front end would likely only happen if you were amplifying your antennae too much. 

When I bought my 1g-wifi combo a long time ago, there was the recommendation for a 50Ohm termination not included in the package, when the thing travels through luggage X-rays. That however is a completely different beast than some antenna amplified or not, what it is made for.