Zaxcom - TRXLA5

VASI

Hi there,

Zaxcom has been announce a new transmitter, TRXLA5 - an upgraded version from TRXLA3. Include all the bell and whistles such as NeverClip, internal recording, ZaxNet, ZaxNet QC, Powerroll etc. Most notable is the support of 5 Volt microphones and MHz Bands.

US: 512.0 - 607.9 (100mW), 614.1 - 615.9 (20mW), 653.1 - 662.9 (20mW)
Global: 512.0 - 698.0

Screenshot_1.png

More specifications can be found here.

Curious to know the “MHz Bands” might become available to zmt4 owners via firmware or are they hardware specific?  If it’s the later, a zmt5 makes total sense but i love the idea of this unit with those extra bands. Also curious how long this unit might last on eneloop pro’s or equiv nimh batteries in a real world use. 

On 8/29/2022 at 4:28 PM, osa said:

Curious to know the “MHz Bands” might become available to zmt4 owners via firmware or are they hardware specific?  If it’s the later, a zmt5 makes total sense but i love the idea of this unit with those extra bands. Also curious how long this unit might last on eneloop pro’s or equiv nimh batteries in a real world use. 

Ditto on the extra ZMT MHZ bands.  Better yet, can we add some 900Mhz love too?  I asked about a CL3 in 940 band a few years back but don't believe it ever made it past FCC approval, and perhaps not enough demand for it.  I would argue adding it now would square the next generation ZMT quite nicely against the other multi-band options available on the market.