French for "Sync Sound"

ayushahuja

Hello all,

I was looking for a little bit of help in translation about a doc about film-making which needs to be subtitled for DVD. What would the French word for "Sync Sound" be? in relation to sentences like "running a sync sound set" or "Shooting a sync-sound film in this city".

Cheers,

Yush

Thanks for all your replies.

'Synchronisation du sound' would literally translate to Synchronization of sound, which to me is the process of synching sound.

I was wondering if there was a similar word to 'Sync-Sound' when used in comparison to a film that was Dubbed/ADR'ed. The term sync sound probably came about as it implies sound in sync, meaning that the sound was recorded at the moment of image capture (as compared to dubbed which wouldn't historically have sound in sync).

So is there a word that was used/is still used in the French language to imply that a film has or uses sync-sound?

Cheers,

Yush

Yush,

It is the French language. Many English speakers have difficulty with foreign languages because they translate it stubbornly in the way English is spoken.

Open a bottle of red wine, let it breath for a while, then pour yourself a glass, grab a healthy chunk of a baguette, smother it with some brie and enjoy.

You will be surprised how easy it will be to comprehend the French and Francais.

"sound was recorded at the moment of image capture" That would be "son direct".

Salut,

RL

R.L.  The irony of a linguistic mistake made while schooling others on linguistics just couldn't go without notice:

"Open a bottle of red wine, let it breath for a while, then pour yourself a glass, grab a healthy chunk of a baguette, smother it with some brie and enjoy."

It's "breathe" not breath (as in the act of taking a breath).

Sorry, I really couldn't resist.

John B.