Betso Bowtie RF issue when using Motorola walkies and Lectro Src band A1

Jones

I am new to jwsoundgroup. This is my first post, so please forgive me if this has been discussed previously:

One two separate occasions/locations I have had major interference (like total dropouts) when using a Motorola walkie. Does not happen with my Lectro shark fins. My trusted colleague at Gotham informed me its the SRC in A1 because the walkie RF is right at the bottom of the 470 band. He suggested repositioning my walkie, switching walkie Q, or using filtering. Repositioning the walkie to my back (from my hip) helped a bit. Anyone else experience this/have solutions?

To be clear, this is working out of a bag: 664 recorder, Lectro wireless A1 and B1 bands, SNA distro, Betso bowties.

Thx!

Mj

Thx for your response! Interesting that you are experiencing the same issue with Lectro shark fins b/c I'm only noticing it on A1 when using the bowties. Never had walkie hits with my Lectro fins.

Here are some pics of the bag on the day...

IMG_6831.jpeg

IMG_7144.jpeg

IMG_7145.jpeg

IMG_7146.jpeg

The Betso Bowties are very wideband, and only have a low pass filter at 700mhz. Their advertised range is 470-700mhz, but they do not filter below 470mhz.

You could perhaps try a Lectro SNA600 dipole that has a 100mhz bandwidth or putting an in-line filter ie. PWS IN-LINE BANDPASS FILTER 

It’s also likely that your PSC distro’s RF amp is overwhelmed and is causing RF distortion/IM products that a filter might mitigate.

First batch of SRC units had some weirdness with out of band interference. Specifically with walkies.

After I sent mine in to the mothership for some internal upgrades, those issues went away. Maybe call or email Lectro to check if yours are in the range of serial numbers that may be affected by this…?