Lectrosonics SMWB power drain

dlevanchuk

Hello,

I just purchased 2 smwb transmitters, and the units have extremely poor battery performance, about 20 minutes before completely draining the power. I checked the settings on device, and I’m using 25w power. i have lithium batteries installed in both devices, and thumbscrew is locked tight. Tried different battery brands but same performance , about 20 mins.

Am I missing some critical setting somewhere? In the manual I noticed there is mention of applying silver paste to the thumbscrew to reduce resistance, would that actually work?

thank you for your help in advance

Yes, clean the screw and the threads by wiping them with a dry cloth or paper towel, then apply a small amount of the silver paste. If you got these used, and didn't receive any silver paste, I think you can email Lectro your address, and they will send you a small vial. With an Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA, you should get 6 hours on one battery.

12 hours ago, Johnny Karlsson said:

Yes, clean the screw and the threads by wiping them with a dry cloth or paper towel, then apply a small amount of the silver paste. If you got these used, and didn't receive any silver paste, I think you can email Lectro your address, and they will send you a small vial. With an Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA, you should get 6 hours on one battery.

As Johnny said, clean the threads and repeat the wiping until you see no traces of dirt left on the cloth or paper towel. Then apply a pinhead amount of silver grease on the end of the threads such that inserting the screw will drag the silver paste along the length of the threads. Letro will send a tiny vial of true silver paste at no charge. Remember, it only takes a pinhead on clean threads.  Also, don't use "silver" thermal conductive greases intended for computer CPU's; these are "silver" colored and not electrically conductive. Stay with the free Lectro grease.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher