Deity lavalier repair?

Blocktek

One of my Deity w.lav Micro lavaliers got yanked on a shoot last week, and is shorting at the Microdot connector. It's been 6 days, I'm having no luck getting any kind of support response from Deity, either through their web support form, or direct emails to their support department. Anyone have any experience with their repair/support department? A phone number? Or, does anyone know if it's possible to dissemble and repair the connector myself? I do have soldering skills, but can't figure out how to get into the connector.

I recommend trying repair departments at the equipment supply joints near you as there are special tools involved and they can replace a microdot connector for you. I have had microdot connectors added to different brands of mics this way and it works out really well versus going back to the manufacturers so chances are they can cut and replace for you

With these lower end (not necessarily quality wise, but price wise) lavs, I tend to try to send them in for repair and then just buy a replacement while I'm at it.  The repaired one then goes into the "backup" pile and/or secondary pile where I'll pull from it if needed.

Update: I did receive an email today from Deity/Aputure support, with an RMA. The email claimed that they had responded to the request "several times."

I'm really OCD about my spam folders, and nothing is present there, but there is always a chance that my custom domain might have bounced their emails. I'll use my burner gmail address next time.
I did order another mic in the meantime. Can't beat the price for the size and quality. $110 right now, plus the microdot adapter (though the DA5s adapters have been backordered forever at Deity's site, B&H has them now).

• 3 weeks later...

After almost a month now, I've just received a replacement microphone. Unfortunately, it's the WRONG model. They sent a W.Lav Pro instead of  a W.Lav Micro.

I'm beyond frustrated with Deity's customer support. Each time I've dealt with them, it's been a comedy of unacknowledged and unreceived emails, unshipped items, and shipping mixups. Each time they've eventually made good, but not until after a LOT of ignored emails and stress. I can't find a phone number listed anywhere online to speak to a real person. I've tried to join the Facebook Deity Microphone Users Group, but after several weeks, my membership is still pending.

I understand that they're basically a Prosumer manufacturer (at least in the audio realm), and their mics are damned inexpensive for the quality. I guess you really do get what you pay for.

I'm really interested in their new timecode slate, but can't imagine going through the same hell if I need support for a $1k item.

Any one else have similar experiences with Deity, or have an inside line to someone I can actually speak to?

2 hours ago, Blocktek said:

I've tried to join the Facebook Deity Microphone Users Group, but after a month, my membership is still pending.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DeityMicrophones/

Just checking you mean this one? As there are no month old pending requests with that group. Try again?

With your support issues you have, have you tried first going through your retail store where you got it from? Dunno if that would help, but it is the usual process people would take with consumer/prosumer equipment, rather than trying to talk directly with the manufacturer. 

Well, looks like I was just approved. As of this morning, though, it was still pending. 
I’ve bought 3 w.lav micro lavaliers directly from Deity, aside from my first, which I ordered from B&H (after Deity lost my order). The mics are covered by a 1.5 year warranty, so of course, I’m looking to them for support. 

9 hours ago, Vincent R. said:

Hi @Blocktek, sorry to hear/read this; I will notify our US team internally. This shouldn't have happened. 

Thanks, Vincent. I received word this morning that a new unit will be shipped to me from China. 
Like I said, Deity Support always eventually makes good, but I wish the process were quicker/smoother. I'm interested to hear what experiences are like with the TC-SL1.