Question re Sound Devices PixNet on a Pix 260i

Ira Seigel

I am using a Pix 260i as an audio-only recorder. I would like to simplify the file labeling that is used so that each of the tracks has the drive number and the track label, without options for scenes, reels, takes, etc.  In PixNet (or otherwise) is there a way to add a File Name Format option so that I only have the information I need?  As it exists on my machine, there's only one option that includes Track Name, but it also contains Reel-Scene-Take which is unnecessary and confusing when I'm transferring files and handing them off to a client.

TIA,

Ira

For anyone that might be interested in this topic, here is the answer to my question from Danny Greenwald at Sound Devices:

Hi Ira,

Thank you for your email. Since the PIX-260i is no longer available, new firmware is no longer being created. Therefore, we can only work with what we currently have. I assume you are recording WAV MONO files so that you can see the track name for each file. Unfortunately, I don't see a more simplified naming convention than what you have mentioned.

If you are recording WAVE POLY, you could use the Scene-Take convention, naming Scene as "Drive 1," but that doesn't help if you have 2 drives recording....

Best regards,

Danny