On My Radio

old school

Since this seems to mostly be my Playground, here is some more personal history.

In 1979 I worked on this film w Richard Goodman. I think this was his 2nd feature. Many cool bands and music in this Cinema Classic. Bones Howell Produced the music live mostly and we did some playback after the fact.

CrewC

On My Radio has become sort of our own YouTube channel and I love it. I have always cherished the times we have gotten to do music on movies, whether it is live or playback, or even just really good music in the movie. This topic, On My Radio, has got legs! It weaves its way around our memories, our youth, movies, television, and of course THE RADIO, the soundtrack of our lives.

The old (young) Joni Mitchell was fantastic. You can tell she was just beginning to discover her own stage presence.

Viva Los Lobos and all mi amigos everywhere in our orbit called earth.. I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I never drink Dos Equis. I love this band. I 1st saw them in 1979/80 in LA. Thankfully I have seen them more than a dozen times since. Enjoy.

CrewC

Just watched it again. Even better for a music recording geek like me the 2nd time around. No wonder my old band didn't even try to do what the Beatles did, it takes way to much skill. From what I have heard, these guys are the top session cats in NYC. Wish I worked on that gig.

CrewC

The Fab Faux guys are thoroughly enjoyable to watch, thanks. They are obviously seasoned musicians. Good to see some good old fashioned manual dexterity rather than all the synth music these days (which is cool too).

We have "The Beatnix" here in Australia, a Beatles dedication band. Four guys who dress up like the The Beatles and cover all their songs. They're pretty good too.

Yes, the Beatles songs are quite complicated and not easy to play. Some songs sound simple but are far from it.

Thanks for the vid.

Peter Mega

Me too. Beautiful and heartfelt. I like how she really maintains her connection to the content of the words she is singing instead of lapsing into the showy, overly modulated style too prevalent these days (imo).

Makes me reflect on those who fought to establish this great country I have the privilege of living in and inspires me to work to keep us true to the values that make this such a wonderful place to live. With liberty and justice for all.

PG

One of the most influential punk/ hardcore bands is Bad Brains. No one sounded like them before or since they started. Every time I've seen them and any old video they are tight for the style they play. Even if you don't care for the music, you can appreciate their rebellion and that they had something to say that expressed the mood of the disgruntled youth( hmm, when is youth never disgruntled and nat rebelling though...oh crap, I'm getting older). This video was a live performance at CBGB in 1979

Bad Brains - Sailin On