On My Radio

old school

Presley and Cash kind of strike me as ordinary humans with exordinary gifts. They showed the world a little bit of heaven while they were here on earth.

bty, Odettas verison of the song is simply haunting, it gives me goose bumps.

And Tom Jones has done this song on his new cd. I recomend giving it a listen also.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my vinyl spinning platter system up n running again in my studio. Sounds great in this room. I'm listening to the 2 'HONK' albums, circa 71 thru 75. This was a local So Cal band from OC that made it up to the big time door but didn't get through. Great band live back when, still has it today on this great sounding outdated medium. Anybody ever get to see them? I caught them at  the Golden Bear twice and at The Quiet Woman a dozen plus times. They were definitely on my radio in the 70's. Check them out someday.

CrewC

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Hicks is one of my favorite bands (I have all of their catalog). I love his version of Tom Waits' "The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me)" from his "Beatin' the Heat" LP...

Oh, yeah- he as a new album out & he is on tour right now: http://www.danhicks.net, but it looks like Whitefish, Montana is as close to Boise, Idaho that he's going to get (rats!).

John Moore

• 2 weeks later...

One great and very unique thing about Trinity Sessions is that you hear things you're usually not supposed to hear.  You hear the room and you hear the people in the room and their instruments and their chairs and the very quality of being in the presence of performing musicians.  What a concept.  The antithesis of drum machines and auto-tunes and over-produced albums that reduce the performers to mere props on someone else's stage.  Well worth a listen on a good system.

Laurence