On My Radio

old school

I have this condition where once I bond to the hit record that's the only version I want to hear.

This record was  produced by those Memphis boys after they migrated to Nashville.

My first time working with them was booked as a 6 hour session starting at 6pm Friday. I ended up getting home around 3 pm on Sunday and we only worked on one song. Chips philosophy was as long as the tape stays on the machine the mojo was there. you didn't take it off the multitrack until it was finished and mixed.

From beehype

Mohammad are not easy to follow, that’s for sure. But if you finally get into their scary dark world there is no turning back. The band is made up of Coti K, Nikos Veliotis and ILIOS, and with their fourth album they are exploring the sound of geographical area between 34°Ν-42°Ν and 19°Ε-29°Ε, somewhere between Turkey, Greece and Bulgaria.

“Zo Rèl Do” is the first volume of a trilogy, with “Lamnè Gastama” coming later in 2014 and the third volume to be released in 2015. Inspired by Greek traditional music, and using contrabass, cello and oscillators, Mohammad weave long instrumental compositions as if they were going to devour you. Monolithic, drone, doom, religious? Oh, what the hell, this music is unique.

http://mohammad.gr

7 days on the road and it feels so good to be back in SoCal. This was recorded here in 1983 and I'm watching & blasting it in my studio tonight. What a concert. Everybody loves Bob, but for my money Peter Tosh was the man. All good at this level. One love. One race. The human race.

CrewC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...