After market MBP batteries?

I haven't had the MBP long enough to find out, but with my old Powerbook, the Apple replacement was definitely the way to go. The aftermarket replacement I tried didn't really cut it. On paper, it was superior but I think it wasn't able to take full advantage of the OS's power management capabilities.

There's great freeware battery tracking app for the Mac called CoconutBattery. It  tracks capacity over time and allowed me to discover I had a defective Apple replacement battery for the Powerbook before it became problematic:

page3_2.png

Here's the link to the webpage:http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/index.html

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks gents.  It looks like Apple will get some more of my money.

I've been reading about 'conditioning the battery' since mine started to fail about 4 months ago.  Now I know.  Maybe my next one will last a longer. 

As I recall, my old PC laptop would occasionally ask if I wanted to calibrate the battery.  I wonder if there's an Apple application for that. 

Jeff