Lights for the board...

curleysound

I have seen these lights that plug onto large consoles, as well as the ones that go on the Coopers, and Sonosax, I think even Mackie has a few with light connectors (Either BNC or XLR4 or some such). My question is whether anyone has seen a light with a 3 pin XLR that can be powered off of 48V? It would make sense if you've got a spare input IMHO.

I have seen those gooseneck lights that run off of USB power, which seems like it might be better, but my USB ports are all used up.

So what are you using for lights on your cart? Anyone?

LittleLites run on 12VDC, you can connectorize them however you want.  I'm looking to change mine over to some kind of LED system that uses less battery juice.  I have the Kensington USB light for the laptop--that works fine.  Remote Audio has some cool gooseneck LED lights that are meant to plug dierctly into their BDS box.

Philip Perkins

So what are you using for lights on your cart? Anyone?

I went with LEDs quite some time ago to cut donw on current consumption and heat. I have found the largest selection and variety of LED lights at West Marine here in L.A. (Marina Del Rey and at least one other location). I have 2 little sort of dome light type fixtures under the top shelf of my cart and then a few other places I have used LED spots (similar to the ones Glen Trew has used for his goosneck light) for specific illumination. All of these lights are designed to run on a simple 2-wire 12 vdc so it was very easy to integrate into the cart.

If you happen to like the form factor of the ubiquitous LttleLite, those are available now with LED lamps instead of the traditional incandescent.

-  Jeff Wexler

Chinda makes some great lights.  I wonder how I got along with out them.  I am having NO LUCK putting an image here, so here are some links,

http://colemanmetts.com/images/cart_photos_005.JPG

http://colemanmetts.com/images/cart_photos_009.JPG

http://productionrecording.com/Tools/SoundCartProject.html

If you want Chinda's contact info, let me know.  He is the BEST!

Coleman

Thanks Jeff!

These lights are a "Cold Fluorescent", They put out a lot of light without a lot of heat.  Chinda's aluminum tube has a slot to let the light out, and a switch at the end of the tube.  It's been very durable, and lightweight.  I wish I had a close up photo to show, I will ask David Walder " productionrecording.com  " to post some more photos, as he rep's the Chinda line.

Coleman

Thanks Jeff!

These lights are a "Cold Fluorescent", They put out a lot of light without a lot of heat.  Chinda's aluminum tube has a slot to let the light out, and a switch at the end of the tube.

Coleman

I asked Chinda if there were any problems with the use of flourescent tube which requires a ballast (built into the light) to function. I tried using flourescents in the past and discovered interference with other RF devices in close proximity.

Here is a closer image of the light:

post-1-130815073048_thumb.jpg

I asked Chinda if there were any problems with the use of flourescent tube which requires a ballast (built into the light) to function. I tried using flourescents in the past and discovered interference with other RF devices in close proximity.

I have not discovered any interference with other RF devices in close proximity.  I have my lights next to my venue system, and my DAT / DEVA.

Coleman