sound devices sl2

wysey

Hello fellow recordist.

Ive recently purchased a SD SL2 to complement my 833 and im struggling to get good reliable range when using.  The setup is lectro's src's recievers 26, betso bowties and or whips. SMQV transmitters. Im also running 3 block 24 transmitters in the bag.  Those overload lights drive me pottie, after turning down the rf sensitivity and a few tunes to no improvement I ended up flicked them off! . I'm just finding the sl2 very sensitive to outside rf and really inconsistent  range. . On my current Job im carrying my reliable 688/sl6 combo for the days I need more range. And on the same setup and tune It's by a country mile more reliable.  The only difference is the rf cable to the  bowtie. Maybe thats the weakness. 

Anyone had similar experiences? Any easy fixes? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks team

On 11/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, wysey said:

The setup is lectro's src's recievers 26, betso bowties and or whips. SMQV transmitters. Im also running 3 block 24 transmitters in the bag.

blk26 vs blk24 should be far apart enough to be "workable". (but maybe use the outer edges of the blocks?)

Just make sure you're doing frequency coordination, and putting the transmitters as far away as physically possible from the SL2 antennas!