converting frame rates on wave files?

johnpaul215

So I did a film (shot on film) last year and recorded at 30 NDF 48/24 on a Fostex PD-6. The editor just send me an email because he was having a syncing issue, and basically he just realized: "You recorded at 30 frames non-drop, but all the footage from [post house] is at 23.98 fps."His digital files of the film just have the first two tracks, and he wanted to get at the others. What's the best way to batch convert a lot of wave files? I know Wave Agent lets you change the frame rate, but is that just the meta tag or the actual frame rate? I recorded the files on a PD-6 so nothing actually shows up under "frame rate" in Wave Agent, which is what makes me think it's a meta tag. thanks,johnpaul

Frame rate does not affect playback speed of the audio. It only affects the numbering system on the picture frames, so the start point will be different if your frame rate is incorrect. Any time code calculator will do a conversion for you, but you will have to manually calculate every file.

" all the footage from [post house] is at 23.98 fps "

you did say film...

did they shoot film at 23.976 (aka 23.98) ??

of course not, it was pulled down (slowed down) by .1%.

sound's 30fps TC needs to be pulled down ((slowed down) by .1% to match!

that would be, er, ah, hmmm...

29.97 fps