High Speed on-road/off-road Sound Cart

Glen Trew

Complete with remote slate and com activation (PTT), external helmet slate/com mic, remote roll, external high gain RX/TX antennas, full duplex communication for up to 6 cast and crew, range of up to 2000' line of sight, walkie talkie interface for longer range cuing, and general gets 46mpg. The bag quickly detaches for working over the shoulder.

post-129-130815085498_thumb.jpg

post-129-130815085502_thumb.jpg

post-129-130815085507_thumb.jpg

post-129-130815085512_thumb.jpg

Complete with remote slate and com activation (PTT), external helmet slate/com mic, remote roll, external high gain RX/TX antennas, full duplex communication for up to 6 cast and crew, range of up to 2000' line of sight, walkie talkie interface for longer range cuing, and general gets 46mpg. The bag quickly detaches for working over the shoulder.

TO THE CART GALLERY!  IMMEDIATELY!

Philip Perkins

What is the bag that's on the tank??

The bag is what motorcyclists call a "tank bag", and this one is made specifically for this bike and sold by BMW. It would probably not be the first choice for an over the shoulder sound bag, but it adapt amazingly well. When over the shoulder the padded contoured area designed to fit on the tank is very comfortable on the abdomen (on mine, anyway).

That's a hell of a souped up cycle :)

those storage boxes on the bike are cool. Do you drive to location with the gear as it is or do you fit it all in the bike cases and setup on set. Either way it looks like a bitchin setup.

Matt

The cases are also made by BMW specifically for this particular bike model. The are weather proof and quickly detach, and are large enough to take most/all of the sound gear needed on a doc style shoot (batteries, mics, cables, tape, media, etc.).

The pictures above show the bag with the flap opened and tucked away, but I should have included a photo of it with the flap zipped closed. It zips and completely conceals the gear in a weather proof carry bag.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest BobD

What's the problem?

Never ridden one?

I guess so.

Jim Rillie

earplugs always

Only a motorcycle joke,  You WOULD have to ride with a passion  ALL THE TIME to understand actually...

There is a certain disdain for the Beemer crowd from the masses of other motorcyclists.... We are all brothers though, all in good fun...  I am sure he understands.... It is a very nice bike.... :)