Major Changes Soon At Rycote

ronmac

On 12/15/2022 at 5:30 PM, Paul F said:

I expected the same news to come from Sound Devices by now since it was sold off to a holding company much like Vitec. Shut the place down. Move it somewhere else to consolidate. Find cost savings in every corner.  But, it has been just over a year. Maybe they will get lucky.

I've been involved in acquisitions. After evaluation of the company, the VP asked me "How much staff can we get rid of?".  It's a cold, cruel world.

Audiotonix are nothing at all like Vitec/Videndum. I am told that James Gordon, the guy that runs the company, is a bit of an audio nut. Apparently he regularly visits all of the companies owned by the main Audiotonix Group. Their brands include A&H, DigiCo, Calrec, Sound Devices, Klang, SSL, and more - I see a bit of a theme there. Apparently he actively encourages the R&D people from the various group owned companies to work together and share stuff, to the benefit of all the companies. I for one would very much love to see more integration between eg radio mic manufacturers and mix desk manufacturers, and blow me down, AudioTonix now own a radio mic manufacturer and a bunch of mixer manufacturers.... It is an obvious, but potentially very interesting path for them all to take.....

As to Videndum and Rycote..... I would guess that the manufacture of the Rycote mics will probably get moved to Audix in Oregon. I believe the windshield manufacturing will be moved about 90 miles from Stroud. I hear that none of the existing staff are likely to be moved to the new factory. I have to say i feel the future is looking a bit grim for Rycote so far.......

HNY to all, sb

6 hours ago, Bash said:

Audiotonix are nothing at all like Vitec/Videndum. I am told that James Gordon, the guy that runs the company, is a bit of an audio nut. Apparently he regularly visits all of the companies owned by the main Audiotonix Group.

And that is key. Leadership that has a direct interest in the product; that can be a visionary, rather than a financial person that only cares about the bottom line. That's good to hear.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:30 PM, Paul F said:

I expected the same news to come from Sound Devices by now since it was sold off to a holding company much like Vitec. Shut the place down. Move it somewhere else to consolidate. Find cost savings in every corner.  But, it has been just over a year. Maybe they will get lucky.

I've been involved in acquisitions. After evaluation of the company, the VP asked me "How much staff can we get rid of?".  It's a cold, cruel world.

Really disappointed to hear this news. It looks like Videndum went public on the LSE (London Stock Exchange) May of 2022. So we all know that means shareholder interests over the actual product users interests... 😕

https://videndum.com/find-out-more/

On 12/17/2022 at 12:04 PM, Fred Salles said:

I have been trying to buy a spare windjammer fur for my aging but still efficient stereo setup. Initially the person with a rycote email was positive it could be purchased from them, but then  i have been taken from a vitec to a vivendum email address person and back to no avail. Lately no one responded anymore...

The acquisition story is very saddening. It is also very difficult to understand the reasons behind it. Rycote company was not in difficulty, or was it?

Hi Fred, I have a lot of Rycote bits including some large stereo windshield windjammers, I might be able to help 🙂

• 1 year later...