Stolen Lectro DCR822 and LR(A1)?

thenannymoh

Hi all - I was briefly part of ebay auction that went very oddly, then was taken down less than 12hrs after it started.  Seller was in California (maybe).  My spidey sense kicked in, wondering if it's stolen gear,  but when I returned to get screenshots the entire ad was gone. 

This was the only screen grab I was able to get.  

If you think this stuff was yours, DM me and I'll try to piece together what I remember about it so that you might be able to get more from info from ebay. 

Screenshot_20221219-073509_Outlook.jpg

I saw that, and I think it was removed by eBay for other reasons. The seller seems to have vanished, too, along with a bunch of similar items. One of the pictures on each was a note saying "don't bid, bids will be removed, it's only available at the buy now price by emailing an address." eBay frowns on that kind of thing: no cut for them, no protections for buyers, etc. so they likely shut it down. I think it's also a tactic associated with hijacked seller accounts, so Spidey senses were warranted.

1 hour ago, Barry M said:

One of the pictures on each was a note saying "don't bid, bids will be removed, it's only available at the buy now price by emailing an address."

Yes, when it says that then it is very likely the product doesn't even exist! (at least not with the so called "seller")