MCR54 power supply info

JH80

Hello, i'm considering buying the Wisycom MCR54 and I have a doubt about it.
I would like to know if I can power the MCR54 receiver directly with a V Mount battery ("SWIT PB-M45S" 14.4V - 45Wh - 3.1Ah) that I already use to power my audio recorder (Sound Device MixPre10 ll)

I would just add a Dtap splitter to have an extra connection, so it will be:
V Mount Battery > Dtap Male to dual Dtap Female Splitter cable > Dtap to Hirose 4 Pin cable > MCR54
Is this a safe solution or do I risk burning something?
Thanks!

Thanks JonG for the reply, sorry for my ignorance in the electrical field, actually I'm not an expert in electronics but in audio so I was asking for advice for this.
For years I have always and only powered the recorder since the Sennheiser G3s run on AA batteries but now switching to the Wisycom MCR54 system with MTP60 I also need to power the receiver.
So from what you confirm there is no problem connecting the Wisycom MCR54 together with the recorder in a single V Mount and I don't risk ruining them because I have seen that many use power distributors which perhaps offer more safety or only serve to have more connections like a splitter?

Consider, if you look through the “show me your bag” thread, how many people are powering their entire bags off of a single broadcast battery. Most of us use NP or eSmart batteries, but for some reason some of the younger crowd are going with V mounts, which seems to be a lot of excess weight and bulk, but to each their own. 

• 2 weeks later...

The user manual of MCR54 says power: 5-18 Vdc (2,5 watt max).

So as JonG said, it will be perfectly fine with you vlock batteries, assuming your cabling is correct (Hirose pin 1 ground/V-, pin 4 V+).

I have not tried to power with only 5v but would be curious to know if anyone has successfully powered their MCR54 with a 5v dc supply...