Boom Recorder 7.24

Hello everyone,

I have just made Boom Recorder 7.24 available for limited distribution. It is limited because I do not yet know if this version works on all the equipment out there. I currently only have Snow Leopard, but it should still work on Tiger and Leopard as well. And although I've tested it, there may be some new bugs introduced between 7.22 and this version.

This version solves the problem with sound reports not being generated on Snow Leopard. This had to do with a new version of the xslt library which no longer allows whitespace in certain parts of the .xsl files.

For anyone who is still interested after what you know now, you can download it from: http://www.vosgames.nl/media/downloads/BoomRecorder-7.24.dmg

Cheers,

Take Vos

Hello everyone,

I have just made Boom Recorder 7.24 available for limited distribution.

For anyone who is still interested after what you know now, you can download it from: http://www.vosgames.nl/media/downloads/BoomRecorder-7.24.dmg

Cheers,

Take Vos

Welcome back Take!! I am sure you have made a lot of people very happy with this release of the now legendary Boom Recorder. I hope you're doing well and we'll be seeing more of you in the near future.

-  Jeff Wexler

Ah, try removing the nl.vosgames.BoomRecorder.plist in your Library/Preferences folder to restart the trial.

I've been working on the 7.25 release:

- Channels which are not recorded will show in gray scale on the main window

- 128 Channels.

Hello everyone,

I have just made Boom Recorder 7.24 available for limited distribution. It is limited because I do not yet know if this version works on all the equipment out there. I currently only have Snow Leopard, but it should still work on Tiger and Leopard as well. And although I've tested it, there may be some new bugs introduced between 7.22 and this version.

This version solves the problem with sound reports not being generated on Snow Leopard. This had to do with a new version of the xslt library which no longer allows whitespace in certain parts of the .xsl files.

Cheers,

Take Vos

Downloadin' it now--THANKS

Philip Perkins

Take,

I downloaded the upgrade, and it will not accept my old registration from 7.22? When I click "verify", nothing happens.

Richard Lightstone

I found the same thing, nothing happens when I click "verify" but when clicking on Registration my old Reg. No. shows the new version as registered to me.

Hello Richard and others,

Can you please send me an Incident Report, using Boom Recorder's help menu? Or send me the nl.vosgames.BoomRecorder.plist file from the Library/Preferences folder.

Cheers,

Take

Could you please make an incident report for me, I have tested Boom Recorder 7.25a now on both Snow Leopard and Leopard and I don't have these issues with my own preferences.

With the incident report I can try your preferences and see if I can reproduce the problems on my end.

Thank you Richard for the incident report.

Here is a new version, which should solve the registration issues:

http://www.vosgames.nl/media/downloads/BoomRecorder-7.25b.dmg

It seems a couple of years ago (when I made the unreleased 7.23 version) I was less wise and removed the license detection check for Boom Recorder Studio licenses, which some of you have.

I have not yet reproduced the sound log print button problem. Please make sure you have entries in the sound list, i.e. point your patch-panel to a folder with Boom Recorder audio files. Try and press the save/revert button first. Check if there is a .html file in the audio folder (it should be created when pressing save/revert button). If all fails, please send me an incident report.

Hi there,

Again a new version, which should solve the gray out channel issue.

http://www.vosgames.nl/media/downloads/BoomRecorder-7.25c.dmg

I had to give the user interface a big kick so it would update the meters to become the right color, as when the first time the user interface is drawn not all information was ready.

I also added an option to make Boom Recorder not abort when samples are lost between the audio interface and the I/O cycle (when the samples are added to the ring buffer). This is for customers who need added reliability of continues recording, some customers use it for recording days or weeks continuously.

• 3 weeks later...

Take,

I just downloaded my update and wanted to mention that I really like the new layout. I love the Track Arming feature. It's large enough to know quickly, great idea. I also like the larger transport buttons. It also seems to work faster. I'm not testing the program on my rig, just the laptop, but it does seem to drop into record faster. One thing that I had hoped would be different, and perhaps its still on the back burner, would be with the Sound Log Window.  I always want a different layout in the Sound Log window than the default. I am always needing to rearrange the columns every morning. Is there a way to have Boom Recorder remember the layout that was last used?

Great work and thanks for your dedication to this software!