How do you mount your laptop to your cart?

millar

Hi all, I'm looking for suggestions for laptop mounts that people have found worked well. I've switched to the Inovativ Deploy and am head scratching how/where to mount my laptop. I've filled the rack space and was hoping to utilize the top of the cart for other items. In my dream scenario I'd use the 3/8 threaded points on the front of the cart (circled in photo of rough build) to screw in a Noga arm or something similar but I'm not sure that they have the strength to hold the laptop and the weight of my wrists when I'm trying to use the computer. Would be a deal breaker if the arm released and dropped my 13" MacBook pro onto concrete. Thanks in advance for your suggestions (and photos of you've got them).

Millar

20230103_101918.jpg

4 hours ago, drpro said:

Millar, Mount It has some that might work.  Ram Mounts is another vendor.  Search Amazon, lots of choices there.  Hopefully someone else will add to the list.

Tnx

David

I've done some deeper looking and McMaster-Carr sells some decent looking heavy duty positioning arms that appear to accept locking handles so you could pivot the computer in/out of position. I don't love the look of some of the cheaper options (Amazon products) as I don't want the computer to sag or feel like the mount will fail when I'm typing or trying to cue Protools etx.

Anyone seen these in real life?

https://www.mcmaster.com/product/1530N11

1530n11p2-h02d-digital@1x_636893561898350383.png

I don't have my laptop mounted to the cart for the same concerns as you have stated. Instead I went with what I see a lot of photographers assistants use here. A laptop hard case with a cheese plate attached. This then screws on top of a small lighting stand. Was meant to be a temporary solution but so far its worked well for me. That said I'm not sitting behind the cart as much as I'd like these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 11:37 AM, millar said:

Hi all, I'm looking for suggestions for laptop mounts that people have found worked well. I've switched to the Inovativ Deploy and am head scratching how/where to mount my laptop. I've filled the rack space and was hoping to utilize the top of the cart for other items. In my dream scenario I'd use the 3/8 threaded points on the front of the cart (circled in photo of rough build) to screw in a Noga arm or something similar but I'm not sure that they have the strength to hold the laptop and the weight of my wrists when I'm trying to use the computer. Would be a deal breaker if the arm released and dropped my 13" MacBook pro onto concrete. Thanks in advance for your suggestions (and photos of you've got them).

Millar

20230103_101918.jpg

https://www.inovativ.com/learn/digisystems/

inovativ themselves have digisystems now under their umbrella. they have a heavy cheeseplate and a lightweight one. what sets them apart is the wide range of brackets available for many laptops. one can also undersling drives or card readers with the appropriate hardware.