Lectro 411 won't power up with power supply (BDS)

Dtjax

Hello.  I am a new user to the forum here.  Thanks, in advance for any help you can offer.  Yesterday, I had a battery (DTAP on a V-mount) short out. In my small kit, it feeds power to mixer (F8), (2x) lectro 411a and (1x) 401.  When I plugged in the DTAP plug it sparked a little... so I stopped and did not fully insert the plug.  The result is confusing to me... The 411's both will no longer power up by the power supply.  The 401 is fine as well as the mixer.  The 411's work fine and will power up by internal batteries no problem.  If they are powered up on internal batteries and you plug in the power supply cable, they power down. You can remove the cable and they come right back on.  Does anyone know what is going on? 

I read something on dipole protection for reversed polarity and it mentioned that the units would go into protection until the situation was remedied... Is there a reset function, blown fuse or something else.  I have tried various combinations of power supplies, both through BDS and direct and the result is the same.  Again, both units are acting exactly the same and work fine (power up, transmit and receive) on internal batteries.

Thanks again for any advice.

8 hours ago, Dtjax said:

The 411's work fine and will power up by internal batteries no problem.  If they are powered up on internal batteries and you plug in the power supply cable, they power down. You can remove the cable and they come right back on.  Does anyone know what is going on? 

This doesnt help a whole lot but I was just able to test a 401 i have here on hand it i can confirm it is by design that bds power takes over battery power. when i plugged in a cable not patched to bds the unit did power down from internal battery power. It does sound like the power jack may have an issue. Also a friend of mine here has 401’s he uses for eng work and has them labeled “no external power” Which I have been told something similar might have happened he just hasnt sent them in for repair. 

Did you plug in the d-tap the wrong way? When looking at the connector one side is flat and the other side has rounded edges. It is possible to jam the d-tap connector into a battery the wrong way. This could have started your issue.

Is the power cable from BDS to the 411 good? Have you tried another cable?

And yes, as Osa mentioned, when the power cable is plugged into the 411 it takes precedence over battery power.