Help support this site

Jeff Wexler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeff,

The wealth of knowledge available on this site and the incredibly friendly people who share it so willingly is amazing. You all have made me so much better at the greatest job anyone could ever have. I sent a donation of 20 but Jeff, if you ever need any help in either accounting issues or Information Technology issues, just ask. I was an accountant and IT manager in my prior life. Thanks for putting up this board, Jeff and everyone else, thanks for your invaluable advice AND for helping me find jobs. (and keep me in mind if anyone knows of work available in Montana or anywhere)

Thanks,

Missoula Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Jeff, now that MobileMe is dead, the link in the OP is now broken. Can you update the PayPal donation link?

I don't understand the problem. The links to DONATIONS for this site have nothing to do with MobileMe. There are 2 links, basically, and both take you to a PayPal site where you can make a donation via PayPal. One link is in the Sidebar (to the right hand side of the page) right below the Recent Topics list. Some people do not see the Sidebar if they have bookmarked something other than the main home page of the site. There other link is at the bottom, below the regular Forum sections.

Let me know more specifically what difficulty you are having and I will try and help you out.

I am asking that those members that feel they can afford it to donate a small amount of money to help me with the costs of maintaining this Discussion Group site and CinemaSound. I have been able to manage on my own for the last 5 years to keep these sites up and running, upgrading the software that powers this forum, upgrading my server accounts, routine and some not so routine maintenance, but I could use some help now.

I am asking for a donation of $10.00 (US) on a yearly basis to keep all this going. This is totally voluntary and no one should fear that either of these great sites will be taken down if no one donates. I am asking for $10.00 but any amount will be appreciated and I am confident that enough people will donate that we can keep these sites going without a yearly donation; your donation now is a one time thing, not a yearly subscription.

Donations can be made through PayPal Donation button HERE

Thank you all for your continuing support and for making this site the great community it has become.

- Jeff Wexler

When I click the "HERE" link in the original post, I am taken to this page:

https://www.icloud.com/mobileme/not_found/

I haven't seen another PayPal donation link elsewhere. But the point is that the link now doesn't take you to PayPal, that's all.

--R

Though your mention of the sidebar widget let me find an alternative link to donate, and I just sent you $20. Thanks for putting up a nice place to chat. ;)

Thank you for pointing out outdated link! I will change that. I had no idea anyone would still be going back to that original post about Donations since I had put up the other links right on the site (not in the post). I will correct it in case anyone else tries to use that link in the post.

Thank you for pointing out outdated link! I will change that. I had no idea anyone would still be going back to that original post about Donations since I had put up the other links right on the site (not in the post). I will correct it in case anyone else tries to use that link in the post.

I was exactly dumb enough to try clicking the link in the original post. Go figure!

clicked the "donate" link on the main page and it took me to Paypal site. which doesn't have Georgia (country) in it's list. never used Paypal and am a bit confused. any tips on how to proceed?

Once you are on the PayPal page, I believe you can pay with a PayPal account OR any major Credit Card no matter where you are located.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you Whit (and so many others) for your support for our great site --- I know it is a cliche but it is so true that it is the membership on our site that makes it great. There are so many generous and thoughtful people who make up the core of this community, many who have been here since day one (I think Crew signed up on the very first day it went live in 2006). We have all helped establish JWSOUND as THE community, worldwide, for all our sound people to hang out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...