Help support this site

Jeff Wexler

Thank you so much Andrew (and of course all the other incredibly generous people who have contributed). It has pretty much worked out that members have donated on an annual basis even without any prodding by me. This last year, for example, someone posted "Hey, it's that time of year again" and everybody started up with the donations. There are sites where you have to pay up front to use the site which does provide a bit of a filter as to who joins up, but I have not been much of a fan of that approach. I also wouldn't want to giver anyone the boot for NOT donating after using and enjoying the site for years. I think we'll leave it as it is --- a totally member supported site where everyone can donate whenever, or not, and it's all good. It is so gratifying that our members are getting so much use and the site is doing so well, the donations area tremendous help and motivator for me.

I donated a couple of weeks ago and didn't mention it here, because I couldn't see the point... you'd get the money anyway.

But now I realize it's important to let others know:

Join the bandwagon, folks. This site is important - possibly the most valuable on the web, for our particular field - and should be supported.

Throwing in the cost of a few Subway Tunas will go a long way, if we all contribute.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jeff, I finally made a long overdue donation. Thanks so much for the great site. I've been a lurker since the beginning here and was a long time lurker and rare poster on RAMPS. We are all so very fortunate that you have taken the reigns and made this site way better than RAMPS could ever have been.

• 2 weeks later...

I am removing your SD 664 post since it was put in the wrong place and I'm not able to move it. If you feel the need to post anything more regarding your specific trouble with any piece of equipment, please start a topic in the EQUIPMENT section. Better yet, contact your dealer or the manufacturer's support for help with your problem.

• 2 weeks later...

jeff, is everything working with that link to paypal? i just tried it and the paypal website gave me a message of

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

don't know why. maybe you could give me the email address we can send it to and i'll use that in paypal.

P.

I will check on the link to PayPal. You could use the WePay link if you want (which appears in the sidebar on the main page). Either way, I will PM you to let you know what's up with PayPal.

I made my donation about a month ago after stumbling on this site by accident.Quite how i never found it until recently i will never know,but it has helped me learn a lot of important tips,exchange ideas and i have met new friends through my membership here which is the most important part.I see this site as being the link for all Production Sound folk to share their experiences!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jeff,

Just sent you a $40.00 donation.  I've only been a member for a couple of weeks now but I already feel that the information I have gained from your site already fare exceeds the paltry sum I've sent.  Thanks so much for such a wonderful " meeting place " where we can all blab and share our experiences. I only wish I'd found jwsound sooner and don't really know how I could have missed it. Hoping to see 42 tonight...but there is a big snow storm blowin' in so may have to wait until later in the week.  The train top clip you posted the other day really blew my mind...fantastic work...very natural....another beautiful recording by one of the masters.  I also love that Harp in the tunnel...eerie to say the least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried to donate and got an error message when I clicked on the link...  :blink:

Do you know which link you clicked? The green Donate button in the sidebar should work just fine. Once I know which link you might have clicked I will follow through and make sure they're all working. Things do get broken (but I can usually fix them).

• 7 months later...

Hello Jeff,

It has literally taken me years to realize how informative, powerful, and useful this forum has been for me and my love of sound recording.  It has also literally taken me years to get off my ass and donate to this wonderful world which you have created.  Sorry it took me so long, and I'm making it a point to donate on a regular basis.

Thank you again for dreaming this up.

Cheers,

Sean O'Neil

Brooklyn NYC

Thank you Sean for your generous support! I really appreciate the support and the active participation of all our members --- JWSOUND continues to thrive, providing the best online community for all our sound people worldwide. 

Thanks!

Regards,  Jeff Wexler  (host and moderator, the "JW" in JWSOUND)