Help support this site

Jeff Wexler

Possibly some mis-understanding during the times that I have been "re-organizing" these sites, so here is some clarification. The Discussion Group (this site) often just referred to as "JWsound" or "Jeff's site", whatever, is doing great! No problems here and absolutely no plans to change anything (other than regular maintenance, upgrades, etc.) We are a thriving community, new members joining quite often, internationally known and providing a great site for all our sound people.

All of the generous contribution that have been received have made it possible to make this site truly member supported, no advertising and no outside influences --- we own this site and all its content, and that will never change.

Many of us also participate in the other site, CinemaSound - jwsound.net, and this is the site that has seen all the changes, made the moves to other sites and back again, and now we are looking at staying put on the present hosting (Ning Network) for at least 12 more months. During that time I will be working on alternatives to Ning just as I have been for these last several months. What I will not be doing is asking our members to move out --- be assured that you can continue to participate at the original site. My long term goal would be to have a unified site, everything we love about the Discussion Group and all the features and functions of a site like CinemaSound but all in one place.

Thank you again to all those who have made these sites great --- and that IS all of you!

Best Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Thanks for the clarification, Jeff. Looking from the outside in, I wasn't quite sure what I was seeing or where I was going.

By the way, if you want some back end support / backup with those maintenance issues, I'd be happy to help with that as trainee or whatever.

-- Jan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only been on the board for a few months but appreciate all the communication and help you all have provided. I've met some great people and look forward to continue creating new relationships. Jeff, you've done a great deed in providing a place where young mixers like myself have a place to learn from the best, and when the time comes contribute. $10 is the least I can do. Keep up the great site!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you so much Tony, "I_HEAR_YOU" loud and clear. All of our members "down under" (I never know whether the Aussies dislike that phrase) have been terrific participants and supporters of our great group. Your generous donation is really appreciated and will be a big help in keeping this all going.

Cheers,  Jeff Wexler, your grateful host

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really appreciate the generous and unsolicited offer, but I'm doing okay for now. When I feel the need I will make a request.

Thank you so much for your care and support.

Hi Jeff,

Regardless, have made a contribution and for past arrears as well.

David M

Hi Jeff,

Regardless, have made a contribution and for past arrears as well.

David M

Thank you David for your generous donation. You have been a valued participant and contributor here for quite some time and I hope you continue to help make this site great!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...