Rare Silent Movies found in New Zealand Vaults

BVS

Wow, that is wonderful news. I've been told before that something like 50% of all silent films ever made have already been lost, and then half of the ones that survive need to be restored. Very sad if artifacts like that are lost.

The one silent film I'd like to see is Lon Chaney's London After Midnight, which is a legend among horror fans. And there's a good list of Lost Films at this Wikipedia link -- just a fraction of the silent films that are gone forever.

--Marc W.

• 4 weeks later...

OOps

Thought they were the NZ films from the 80's that I recorded and BVS mixed that the NZ Film Commision

have never bothered to release on DVD because they are so busy going to Cannes and giving funding to

teenage directors that have managed to struggle through a short film subsidised by a professional crew!!

(the trewth often hurts)

mike

Coincidentally the NZ Film Commission has just been in the spotlight because of a report

headed by Sir Peter Jackson saying it is just not doing anything for the NZ film industry,

is seen as virtually an enemy by the industry and should be dramatically overhaulled!!!!

How about that!

mike