Deity Launches a Power Distro

FOR RELEASE FEB 9th, 2023

Los Angeles, California - Deity Microphones is announcing the launch of the SPD-1, a powerful and versatile power distribution device designed specifically for professional sound mixers on film sets. “The SPD-1 is designed to meet the needs of both bag users and hybrid cart users,” says Andrew Jones, Deity’s Product Manager.

With its triple DC inputs, hot-swappable capabilities, and support for both smart and non-smart batteries, the SPD-1 is designed to meet the extensive and diverse needs of today's sound mixer. The 1.1” color screen displays battery telemetry data and the device measures total power consumption, making it easy for users to monitor and manage their power needs.

The SPD-1 has a durable build and features locking toggle switches, dual 1/4” threaded mounts, and a reversible mounting clip. It has a suggested operating range of 12V-18V and the easy-access 5V2A USB Type-A port provides additional charging options for users. With its six unregulated outputs, the SPD-1 provides ample power for audio devices of all types.

The SPD-1 ecosystem includes a range of cable accessories that offer unique capabilities and compatibility making it a comprehensive and adaptable setup for audio professionals. The SPD-1 ecosystem currently includes the following cables:

• SPD-HRDC: 4-Pin Push-Power to 2.5mm Locking DC barrel jack, ideal for powering Lectrosonics devices.

• SPD-HRISO: 4-Pin Push-Power to a ground-isolated 4-Pin Push-Power connector, designed to remove/reduce ground hum, hiss, or whine caused by power.

• SPD-T4BATT: TA4f to Smart Battery Cup, perfect for providing power and telemetry data to the Sound Devices 833, 888, and Scorpio audio recorders.

• SPD-HR3U: 4-Pin Push-Power to Triple USB-C, a versatile solution for powering various devices, including Deity & Sony transmitters and receivers, Deity & Tentacle timecode boxes, Android phones, and USB-C iPads. 

• https://deitymic.com/products/spd-1-cables/

The SPD-1 power distributor and its accompanying accessories provide professional sound mixers with a centralized and reliable power source, making it the perfect solution for their setup needs. The SPD-1 is set to launch on February 9th, 2023, and will retail for $269.

For more information on the new line of professional-grade gear, please visit the Deity Microphones website at https://deitymic.com/products/spd-1/.

SPD-1_2-768x551.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2023 at 4:25 PM, mlohninger said:

I saw that too, but is that bad, 10A total? That seems pretty sufficient for a bag or small medium cart.

The Remote Audio BDSV4 is specced up to 5V globally. And I couldn't find anything about the Audioroot BG-DU besides a 2.5A per output limit.

You are right, 10A is not enough, that's mean you need to buy two from Deity, and put two in your sound bag. 

12 minutes ago, Eric Lau said:

You are right, 10A is not enough, that's mean you need to buy two from Deity, and put two in your sound bag. 

What kind of equipment is in your sound bag to pull more than 10A? That's quite a large power draw. 10A seems like a high limit for 99% of sound bags.

25 minutes ago, mlohninger said:

What kind of equipment is in your sound bag to pull more than 10A? That's quite a large power draw. 10A seems like a high limit for 99% of sound bags.

Wirless (14 channels): Lectrosonics Octopack, Lectrosonics SRb x2, Zaxcom QRX200, Lectrosonics T4.

Antenna distribution x1.

Recorder: Sound Devices Scorpio 

All in one sound bag.

1 hour ago, Eric Lau said:

Wirless (14 channels): Lectrosonics Octopack, Lectrosonics SRb x2, Zaxcom QRX200, Lectrosonics T4.

Antenna distribution x1.

Recorder: Sound Devices Scorpio 

All in one sound bag.

That's a damn heavy bag! 😮

Personally I'd put the Scorpio on its own eSmart battery (which the Scorpio can natively read the info of from the eSmart battery), and put everything else on Deity Distro (which I'm pretty sure it could handle fine, once the Scorpio is removed. Which PSC product are you using? Not sure 100% which one it is,  but it looks like the PSC PowerStar Mini Triple Play which can handle 10A, same as Deity). 

1 hour ago, Eric Lau said:

Antenna distribution x1.

And how much current does that use?

Octopack 1.5A w/ 4 SR (That's max, probably quite a bit less)
Scorpio 1.67A w/ Dante & all preamps, no charging
2 x Lectrosonics SRB 240ma (12v)
1 x Lectrosonics T4 200ma
Zaxcom QRX200 390 mA (12v)
Tablet charging 2A (max)

6A Total

Maybe your antenna distro takes a few more milliamp of power... You're not even close to hitting 10A, though.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

That's a damn heavy bag! 😮

Personally I'd put the Scorpio on its own eSmart battery (which the Scorpio can natively read the info of from the eSmart battery), and put everything else on Deity Distro (which I'm pretty sure it could handle fine, once the Scorpio is removed. Which PSC product are you using? Not sure 100% which one it is,  but it looks like the PSC PowerStar Mini Triple Play which can handle 10A, same as Deity). 

It is PSC PowerStar Mini Triple Play which can handle 10A, but I connect with my Japan band (forget the name) V-mount plate (3A fuse), the fuse blowed. 

41 minutes ago, mlohninger said:

And how much current does that use?

Octopack 1.5A w/ 4 SR (That's max, probably quite a bit less)
Scorpio 1.67A w/ Dante & all preamps, no charging
2 x Lectrosonics SRB 240ma (12v)
1 x Lectrosonics T4 200ma
Zaxcom QRX200 390 mA (12v)
Tablet charging 2A (max)

6A Total

Maybe your antenna distro takes a few more milliamp of power... You're not even close to hitting 10A, though.

I see, let me check the product menu. Thanks 😊 

20 minutes ago, Eric Lau said:

It is PSC PowerStar Mini Triple Play which can handle 10A, but I connect with my Japan band (forget the name) V-mount plate (3A fuse), the fuse blowed. 

Well as @mlohninger pointed out, the total load is well under 10A. But 6A is greater than 3A.

Why not just go from the V Lock straight from the D-Tap into the PSC Power Distro? 

22 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Well as @mlohninger pointed out, the total load is well under 10A. But 6A is greater than 3A.

Why not just go from the V Lock straight from the D-Tap into the PSC Power Distro? 

Is good idea, From v-mount battery's D-tap go strange to PSC power distribution, because I always want to play safe (extra fuse protection). 

22 hours ago, IronFilm said:

D-tap will power too strong (power safety ) for PSC power distribution or Remote audio power distribution ?

2 hours ago, Eric Lau said:

D-tap will power too strong (power safety ) for PSC power distribution or Remote audio power distribution ?

I highly doubt it. You can measure what voltage the D-Tap is at when fully charged, and compare that against the specs for the input(s) of what you're using. I doubt it is higher than the range it is designed for. 

• 4 weeks later...

Tried something I didn't think of with the SPD-1. Ran usb-c from my Bluetti EB3-A. It will power the bag and some other cart accessories for nearly 24 hours. It will definitely cover a typical 10-12 hour day shoot when I load it down.

So...I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

20230529_150546.jpg

20230529_145450.jpg