Spell check

gabi

Jeff,

I can't seem to find the spell check option anymore... It used to be quite handy for those who don't speak english as their first language, like myself. Am I doing something wrong?

Gabi

No you're not doing anything wrong, I think spell checking support from this software was dropped in the current "upgraded" version. I don't know for sure because on my Mac there has always been some kind of system wide spell checker that seems to work everywhere I type anything including in the message composition box here on the forum. If I misspell a word it is automatically underlined with a squiggly line and then control-clicking (right click) brings up a contextual menu to correct the misspelled word.

I remember somewhere in the documentation for the forum software that the spell check is dependent on the server that the forum is hosted on. Maybe Lunarpages changed something and the spell checker went away.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Firefox has a built-in spell checker, but if it's not enabled, go to Tools|Options|Advanced|General and then click "Check Spelling as I type".  For Internet Explorer, you can install a spell checker from here... http://download.cnet.com/ieSpell/3000-12512_4-10208550.html

Laurence

Just to clarify, the spell checking routine that I use is NOT specific to the browser being used to view this forum (site). It is a system wide (OS) spell checker. I am sure the Windows OS has something similar. Someone who does NOT have any other spell checker running should demonstrate if the spell checker for this forum (SMF software) is working.

-  Jeff Wexler