Battery photos.

Richard Ragon

For the group... The power demands for cart based production keep growing, yet power is one thing I hate to worry about. I think that Ron's group and Glen's group have created stunningly fine products for the distribution of large DC current on a cart, but as some of you may be aware of, Mike Riner at WB beat them to it several years ago with a poly-fused distribution system that has been in use for several years now. His system has none of the bells and whistles of the PSC or Remote systems, but it works like a charm and got the UPSs of the set. Mike also found the coolest power supply/charger out there. Now that I'm off the WB lot, with my own stuff again, I designed a cart powering system that is so over-kill that I just don't worry about power. Based on the Charge-Tek RTIC-1120 Marine Grade 12VDC Charger (and Phil P.- it IS clean enough to run digital gear without additional filtering!), I am using the Remote Audio Hot Strip for distro, and floating on an 80AH AGM battery. Heavy? Yes. Can you say 5 hours running a Cooper 208 (with all inputs on), a loaded Venue, two IFBs and two 195s, two LCD monitors, a 788T-SSD, DVD-RAM burner, two 160W inverters driving a Shark, and an 85W Apple power supply? I can!

Additional notes on battery gear:

Chargetek RITC-1120:  120VAC 6amps AC max draw, delivers up to 20 amps DC, on-board micro-processor controls charge current for lead-acid batteries. The thing is potted for marine use, only time I've seen one blow was a 240VAC event. Made in the USA.

Batteries: AGMs. Best I've found are from EastPenn, called "MK"s. 33AH in the old PowerSonic 20AH size, and many larger - much larger! Made in the USA.

Both of these lines are carried by www.batterystuff.com, usually with free shipping on the batts