Sound carts from France

Bob Marts

I came across a website for Camagrip, a French company offering among other products, a very nice line of sound carts.

Brilliant! You're my hero, Bob. As the largest contributor to the Gallery of Sound Carts, Bob Marts has again found a beautiful selection of carts to view. I will put these all together and add them to the Gallery.

Thanks Bob.

-  Jeff Wexler

Here is the response I got from the company:

Our products are manufactured exclusively custom built to the demands of users.

At first we define with you your needs from the hardware you use and your wishes for accessories.

After confirmation we will send you a quote and time

After validation of the estimate we will send you a drawing with AutoCAD dimensions and characteristics.

After receiving your payment we make your Sound Cart and send it by UPS (or other at your option)

The production time depends on the workload and complexity of your Sound Cart.

Prices are EUR 2400.00 EUR 4000.00 ($3,000 - $5,000 U.S.)

General Specifications.

Anodized aluminum frame

Polypropylene honeycomb panels

Stainless steel hardware

Large diameter pneumatic wheel 12.5 "and 16"

We manufacture machine digital accessories that are not.

We provide after sales service from France around the world

We deliver anywhere in the world

Hoping to have answered your questions

Best regards,

Here is the response I got from the company:

Our products are manufactured exclusively custom built to the demands of users.

Prices are EUR 2400.00 EUR 4000.00 ($3,000 - $5,000 U.S.)

Thanks Zack for doing the research. This is interesting information for any of us obsessed with everything relating to the sound cart.

-  Jeff Wexler

• 2 years later...

At the website which is primarily in French, it appears that all the carts shown are custom fabricated. There doesn't seem to be any pricing on any of it.

- Jeff Wexler

Earl;ier this year, I requested pricing on two carts.

DIABLE SON TYPE ER

ROULANTE SON TYPE GS

The first one was 3.400 EU, and the second was 5800 EU plus shioping 19.5% additional

There's a great story about a French film crew coming to Sweden to shoot a feature. The producer being French but living in Sweden, talking Swedish had hired Swedish catering and Swedish PAs. I believe all the others were French...

Well, time for lunch break so everyone sits down. When lunch is over, the french producer gets a panicked call. The Swedish PA is on the other line sounding very upset and frightened;

"the French are pissed off, there's no dessert!"

French producer winces

"sacre bleu no dessert?!"

So the PA went off buying pastries or whatever to satisfy the french team's sugar cravings.

And there was one hour overtime. Because of dessert.

I think also they were grumpy that they couldn't have wine for lunch. Swedish alcohol policies are... Picky.

So jims probably right about the wine cellar in the bottom. :)

There's a great story about a French film crew coming to Sweden to shoot a feature. The producer being French but living in Sweden, talking Swedish had hired Swedish catering and Swedish PAs. I believe all the others were French...

Well, time for lunch break so everyone sits down. When lunch is over, the french producer gets a panicked call. The Swedish PA is on the other line sounding very upset and frightened;

"the French are pissed off, there's no dessert!"

French producer winces

"sacre bleu no dessert?!"

So the PA went off buying pastries or whatever to satisfy the french team's sugar cravings.

And there was one hour overtime. Because of dessert.

I think also they were grumpy that they couldn't have wine for lunch. Swedish alcohol policies are... Picky.

So jims probably right about the wine cellar in the bottom. :)

I spent three months shooting video on the 2007 French Presidential elections for a doc and the food was great. At a party rally in the US (aka "photo op") you'd be lucky to get a ham sandwich and a can of Coke. At a party rally in France the locals would present a spread worthy of a Michelin-starred restaurant, with local wine. At one stop we (me and a bunch of French TV guys who were awesome) spent 30 minutes looking at menus from local restaurants (supplied by the local party folk) before deciding on where to eat lunch. The restaurant chosen had presented a special "menu" for the media working the event in town, and wine was included... Cost? About $25 per person...

In Sweden there's hardly any food lacking sauce. Either, we have lots and stews swimming in gravy or sauce, or we've got our pastas with immense amounts of sauce. We put ketchup on everything, some people put it on pancakes (:S). We even put sauce on pizza! I don't care much for sauce.. And in France, the sauces are great but they don't pour it over the food jus to hide something like most do over here...